step up rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
If I want to use a 82mm filter on a 52mm lens, how many step up ring do I need? What are they? How much is the ring? Where can get? Thanks.

I also want to know. Anyone?

Chances are you won't be able to do it in one step.

3 standard setups are:

52-62mm
62-82mm

52-67mm
67-82mm

52-72mm
72-82mm

Any decent camera shop will be able to get the steup rings though they may be a special order. Cost varies with brand, however generic rings will set you back 15-30 SGD per ring I'd guess.

Originally posted by Kho King
If I want to use a 82mm filter on a 52mm lens, how many step up ring do I need? What are they? How much is the ring? Where can get? Thanks.

if you are using general type filters, buyin the 52mm equivalent would actually be more viable and cheaper. Unless you are talking about B+W....

kho king, what gigantic lens are you using? just curious

Originally posted by munfai
kho king, what gigantic lens are you using? just curious

Nolah...just that my friend has a 82mm polarizer, and he wants to get a 82mm to 77mm ring to use the PL on a 77mm lens.

Nikkor do has a lens that is using 82mm thread. The old AF 300mm f/4.

Nolah...just that my friend has a 82mm polarizer, and he wants to get a 82mm to 77mm ring to use the PL on a 77mm lens.

oh ok... i have a 77mm lens and it'a pain already to buy filters. I can't imagine how much 82mm filters cost

Originally posted by munfai

oh ok... i have a 77mm lens and it'a pain already to buy filters. I can't imagine how much 82mm filters cost

Search around ebay and you might be able to get one at a decent price... ;)

if I am not mistaken, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 also use 82mm...too bad...

if I am not mistaken, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 also use 82mm...too bad...

One more reason to avoid Sigma. Maybe it's a conspiracy with filter manufacturers to earn more money. A lot of Sickma lenses use 82mm filters. :(

My Nikkor AF 20mm f/2.8D is only 62mm. So small and cute. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

One more reason to avoid Sigma. Maybe it's a conspiracy with filter manufacturers to earn more money. A lot of Sickma lenses use 82mm filters. :(

My Nikkor AF 20mm f/2.8D is only 62mm. So small and cute. :)

Regards
CK

yah, their lenses with 82mm filter thread are rightfully called 'Sickma' lenses!!! ;)

Keep going ...

Other 82mm filter Nikkors

500/8 Reflex
85-250/4.5
85-250/4
200-600 f9.5-10.5
200-600/9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.