step up rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayeee

May 6, 2007
Hi guys,

i've recently got a lens with a 40.5mm thread. I own a LX-3 with a 52mm step up adapter. in order to use this lens, i have to get a 40.5mm step up to 52mm ring right? is it something like this? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/11621-REG/B_W_65069485_40_5mm_to_52mm_Step_Up.html

i went to a few shops at sim lim and they told me there's no such product. is there anywhere that i can get this? thanks a whole lot.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
You would need a step DOWN ring, and suffer from quite horrible vignetting.

My tip: don't bother.

clayeee

May 6, 2007
thanks for the reply.

actually, the vignette is not much of a problem for me. the lens gives a nice fisheye effect and it's good for some non-serious photography.

let's say i really want to use this lens, what are the ways to get it to work?

and may i ask what's the difference with the step up and down rings? it seems the same to me. sorry for the super noobish questions!

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
thanks for the reply.

actually, the vignette is not much of a problem for me. the lens gives a nice fisheye effect and it's good for some non-serious photography.

let's say i really want to use this lens, what are the ways to get it to work?

and may i ask what's the difference with the step up and down rings? it seems the same to me. sorry for the super noobish questions!
I've not heard of a 52 to 40.5 step-down ring.

And it's step down because you're stepping down from a larger diameter to a smaller one. ;)

clayeee

May 6, 2007
thanks for the help! do u know where i can get it in singapore? it seems quite strange to buy it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom