Step by step exercise demo photography - how to charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfightclub

Aug 13, 2006
I've been approached to shoot a step by step demo for a particular exercise - for e.g.: something like yoga or pilates. Total they want 30 shots different poses for that same exercise routine, one model which is provided by client.

What is the range of quote which I should be charging for just services alone?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks! :)

Pricing depends man. How "big" is this studio? If they have cash quote a bit higher. But it seems like an instructional kind of photoshoot, rather than a creative kind, so the requirements not high, no creativity needed. Just aim straight and shoot 1 angle of different poses. Cannot charge too much. I guess if I were you I would charge $250.

Pricing depends man. How "big" is this studio? If they have cash quote a bit higher. But it seems like an instructional kind of photoshoot, rather than a creative kind, so the requirements not high, no creativity needed. Just aim straight and shoot 1 angle of different poses. Cannot charge too much. I guess if I were you I would charge $250.

Thanks for replying! :)

$250 for the whole thing or for one pose?

Thanks for replying! :)

$250 for the whole thing or for one pose?

Are you kidding! I would be surprised if anybody told you to charge $250 per pose!
Do some math, $250 x 30 (as you stated) = $7500.

Optodexine already said 'cannot charge too much'. Now do you think $7500 is too little?

I will never charge at $250 for sure. So low, u think easy to shoot? Think again.

How many hrs involve? How much time needed for touch up? Studio lights? Assistance? Then how about if kena reshoot, got enough money to cover? Then transport?

Charge as a package..e.g. 4hrs for $600..minimum 4hrs..additional hrs at $150/hr..plan what and how you intend to shoot and fit into a 4hr time slot..

Sounds like an documentation kind of shoot, really do not see it dragging further than 2 hours. But I guess it really depends.

The fact that the TS is asking this question here is because I am assuming he is a novice so most likely he does not own his own lights, or does it professionally. I am sure his client knows this too and does not have expectations high.

I mean if they want 30 very high quality images, with you letting the client view every single shot after it is taken via a laptop to approve before going to the next one, then yeah, it will take about 4 hours or so and you should charge appropriately, especially if they expect you to bring your lights. Equipment cost, transport all cost money and has to be factored in.

$250 is very reasonable. I am a professional photographer I charge around the same rates for such evnets or functions. The charges should cover your cost.

200/hr for e first 3 hrs,succeeding hrs 150/hr.thats ur fee only!do e math for e studio rental,asst and mua.goodluck

best is to charge by time

make sure the client and you know what are the deliverables before the project starts

Status
Not open for further replies.