= Stefan's Weekly Singapore City/Landscapes II =

Some old Samples I've taken last year:

From left to right: Changi Beach, Lower Seletar Reservoir, Punggol Beach and Sembawang Beach.

Last edited:
Sembawang Stateland, Singapore. (Canberra Link, I believe)

Last edited:
From left to right: Rockhampton Beach @ Rockhampton, Australia. Lower Peirce Reservoir, Louis Vuitton @ Marina Bay Sands, Bay Gardens and a seagull flying over me.

Last edited:
Kranji Beach, Sembawang Beach, Labrador Park, Bukit Timah Hill and another Labrador Park shot.

Last edited:
Last set of sample images taken last year:

The Singapore Flyer, Bay Gardens, Changi Beach Point, Pearl's Centre Carpark @ Chinatown and Golden Shoe Carpark.

Last edited:
And finally, something this year:
6734893113_dcf0593ab7_b.jpg

Enigma

5 Image HDR/DRI using Lee Big Stopper + ND 0.9 for smoothed cloud effects. Toa Payoh Estates, Singapore.

I thought maybe leaving a bit of colour and a tone of Muted Turquoise instead of the usual B&W would invoke difference.

Darkness is filling the corners of my mind day by day. Schizophrenic visions are all I see.

Last edited:
6656522799_0cfc7e8808_b.jpg

Old Time Melody

4 Image HDR/DRI using black card technique; 2 and 5 seconds for the sky, 40 and 60 seconds for foreground for manual exposure mapping of rocks. Contrast increased by 20% for a stronger silhouette of the skyline, and custom white balance to create a monotone-esque sepia feel. Marina Bay Gardens, Singapore.

Rocks literally as front row audience, the silhouette skyline as a classical score to listen to.

Took this on the last day of 2011, didn't upload this as I had some issues with my personal life which I don't wish to divulge. Maybe I'm a tortured artist; I don't know exactly, but I guess my frequency of uploads will be much less as compared to last year's.

Thanks foxtwo! How are you doing?

I didn't realize alot of people PMed me while I was away. No worries, I will reply slowly and one by one. ;)

6735948669_5eb270fcaa_b.jpg

DreamCity

5 Image HDR/DRI using black card technique for highlight control + ND 0.9 for smoothed water effects. Taken at different timings to achieve different colour tones instead of the usual warm tone. Marina Bay Gardens, Singapore. Took this last year as well. Enjoy!

Welcome back.

Glad that u r back bro . See ya ard here and fb :)

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. :) See you also on FB, Simon!

6739768629_3481c9ab12_b.jpg

Masqueraded Truth

3 Image HDR/DRI using Lee Big Stopper for smoothed cloud effects. Shenton Way, Singapore.

Feel alot better these few days. The long break has served me well enough to continue my photographic journey of my life... feels kinda short looking at the dates but I guess that doesn't really matter... Let us all make it a good one and put the past behind us where it belongs; so here's a shot from Shenton Way in downtown Singapore. Enjoy!

6752465543_3dc3da1c10_b.jpg

Invitation [Panorama]

4 Image Panorama using GND 0.9 + Lee Big Stopper for smoothed cloud and water effects. Esplanade Waterfront Bridge, Singapore. The ever-famous Marina Bay Sands has been taken a million times already by many, thus I always strife to be different in compositional terms as opposed to what others have shot.

Last edited:
6815054285_2571e85934_b.jpg

Solitary Beginning

4 Image HDR/DRI using GND 0.9 soft + Lee Big Stopper for smoothed cloud effects. Sky and road ways tone mapped using Nik Software. Bishan Estates, Singapore.

At the top floor, the sun was hidden behind the thin veil of clouds, the streets were solemn, the winds were strong, the environmental setting subdued... but when risen at 0815am led a golden shine that lasted for a minute that only paved at a specific path. A thin layer of mist lies ahead is there to say life in a day begins knowing problems that lie ahead.

Hey there daredevil!! :D Thanks for coming in!

Well guys, I didn't shoot anything for the weekend. I went for a 12km jog on a Saturday morning and I sprained my ankle badly. Right now, walking makes me feel like puking. :( Will heal up soon.

Here's something from Taman Jurong last year:

6851869137_14cbd5ac6e_b.jpg

I Used to Cook & Clean...

5 Image HDR/DRI ranging from -2 to +2 to DRI and equalize lighting in this abandoned room. -2 for the objects at the window, -1 for the ceiling & window frames, 0 EV as working base image and + 1 and +2 for foreground + contrast effects. Saturation decreased by 20%. Taman Jurong, Singapore.

Seems like an old abandoned kitchen to me. I heard about this place for a long time now and I wanted to head there to investigate. Took a couple of photos of this amazing place, so stay tuned. =)

This is actually an on-going photo project that I'm working on since November last year, but I nearly forgot to process them. I may revisit this amazing estate again!