Steadpod, a portable replacement for tripod.

it does not replace any monopod or tripod , it meant for a importu use that all

some place does not allow monopod or tripod , so this come in place

At least with a axis is better than no axis

it does not replace any monopod or tripod , it meant for a importu use that all

some place does not allow monopod or tripod , so this come in place

At least with a axis is better than no axis

not an axis... u get a circular motion only hahaha... the radius is a constant thats all...

Basically I don't trust it. I mean, whether it was steady or not, I am not sure, but I don't like the idea of the pod hanging on the screw hole at the bottom of my camera. A force will be needed at Z direction to achieve the stability of your camera, this is normally done by stepping on one end of the pod (the string end) and pull as tightly as possible of the pod and your camera. The force would translate to the screwhole on the bottom of the camera. And in time, I can imagine there will be wear and tear to the hole.

Not something I would want for my camera.

Anyone try before. sgcamerastore is selling for $40. Thinking of buying, is it as good as advertise? or any bad reviews that someone wants to share?

http://www.sgcamerastore.com/Tripods/Monopods/Steadepod-A-great-way-to-Take-Pictures-/prod_704.html

$40!!!

You can make that with a piece of string (rope), with one end tied to a 1/4 inch bolt to secure to your camera, and the other end to a piece of wood, washer, etc. Will cost you a lot less than $5 to make it youself.

[vid]LLlJl7TbXTA[/vid]

Last edited:
Interesting. See this review on youtube. Supposed to reduce the camera shake marginally and the reviewer estimates about 1 stop. His bottomline is, it does work in that it's better than nothing. While tripod/monopod is obviously better, there are situations where you simply won't be lugging those gears around whereas the Steadepod fits in your pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtOH03CeSY

Interesting. See this review on youtube. Supposed to reduce the camera shake marginally and the reviewer estimates about 1 stop. His bottomline is, it does work in that it's better than nothing. While tripod/monopod is obviously better, there are situations where you simply won't be lugging those gears around whereas the Steadepod fits in your pocket.

I still prefer the DIY version I posted above. ;)

daredevil123 said:
I still prefer the DIY version I posted above. ;)

As effective, but not so glam! Hehheh.

Can understand that it'll help a little. But it just doesn't make enough sense to me to spend the time and material/money for this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtOH03CeSY

well reviewers are subjective.

my method of handholding lenses gives me almost a 10 stop increase in handholdable speed compared to me holding it arms straightened out.

its relative.

u might find it cheaper to learn how to control breathing and how to adjust ur posture to ensure stability. its free hahaha.

another easier method is actually to add a lot of weight to ur camera. larger mass, more innertia. less likely to move if it was at rest/stable.

harder to stop it from moving, once it is moving also.

Last edited:
allenleonhart said:
my method of handholding lenses gives me almost a 10 stop increase in handholdable speed compared to me holding it arms straightened out

10 stops?! Omg do share :eek:

This means he can handheld for 1 sec with a 10 stop filter under 1/1000 situation. Wow

What has handheld got to do with 10-stop filter or whatever light situation. Only the duration matters.

If his handheld improved by 10 stop, it meant he can handheld (at a particular focal length) for a duration = 1000/(focal length) second. (assuming ave person can do it at 1/FL)

Last edited:
10 stops?! Omg do share :eek:

sure...

when i hold with my hands strecthed out.... i need to shoot at 1/100000 to prevent motion blur. right?

soooo... if i keep it close to me....

TADAHH! 1/100 of a sec

if u guys didnt get the joke.....

it jsut means that initially my handholding method is so unstable that simply correcting it helped me more than a weird steadypod

GRbenji said:
What has handheld got to do with 10-stop filter or whatever light situation. Only the duration matters.

If his handheld improved by 10 stop, it meant he can handheld (at a particular focal length) for a duration = 1000/(focal length) second. (assuming ave person can do it at 1/FL)

Just quite stunning for one to shoot with a 10 stop filter on handheld. It's just a joke, dun take it too seriously.

this is an insult, they think photographer money very nice to cheat :bsmilie:

sure...

when i hold with my hands strecthed out.... i need to shoot at 1/100000 to prevent motion blur. right?

soooo... if i keep it close to me....

TADAHH! 1/100 of a sec

I was slowpoke lol. I blame tiny phone screen. Didn't read the arms straightened out part. lol ~_~

another consideration:

subject movement...

i'm thinking that u might use a steady pod only when u find it hard to lug a tripod, cause setting up is troublesome etc.

then u think abt it... if ur subject is not moving, and u have the luxury if time... tripod is best...

if ur subject move fast, u dun want blur, u have to increase shutter speed... which defeats the purpose

dun think the steadypod will come in extremely handy...