Stay with Canon... or take the Nikon plunge?

Stay canon, you should think about your lens over the body..:bigeyes:

From a nikion guy.

Dude just stay with canon
Get a 7d or what ever comes next on the flagship apsc from canon.

Or jump ship if u want to go ff.

Just my honnest opinion

I'll say stay with canon bro, you're gonna make a substantial loss if you sell off all those lenses, they're worth alot.

Is cost of switching the deciding factor? If so, there is no need for u to come here to ask the question. It is purely mathematical.

If cost is not the deciding factor, I would say make the switch else you will never know the answer to the question that is troubling u. No matter how well one describes to you the good or bad of a certain brand, you will not be able to experience the difference. The only way is to try it for yourself. By that, it is not about using the system for a day or 2. You got to invest in it, try out as much as possible. Tat way, you will know if the system suits you. Never try never know. Go for it!

Is cost of switching the deciding factor? If so, there is no need for u to come here to ask the question. It is purely mathematical.

If cost is not the deciding factor, I would say make the switch else you will never know the answer to the question that is troubling u. No matter how well one describes to you the good or bad of a certain brand, you will not be able to experience the difference. The only way is to try it for yourself. By that, it is not about using the system for a day or 2. You got to invest in it, try out as much as possible. Tat way, you will know if the system suits you. Never try never know. Go for it!

Own both, i don't shoot RAW as i can't PP. Personally i prefer nikon's colour. 60D and D7000 wise, i would say the D7000 feels more solid. Ergonomically, 60D will suit those with bigger hands. I don't shoot sport so i don't really bother who has the higher FPS.

One thing that the 60 pisses me off is, you need to pop up the flash to assist the AF. For D7000, it just light up the AF assist light easily. But, since you already have that much lens than just stay with Canon. For me, 60D is not worth to buy. AF system almost or same as 50D. Get a 7D or FF will be better.

baggiolee said:
if switching camp just because of slightly better specs body, then it'll be endlessly pointless.

Stay with Canon...

Yups. Don't switch just because of one body. With some ranges cycling every 3 yrs, you will have a tough time keeping up with the 'better' body.

I use Nikon for the CLS, ergonomics and the lineup of lenses. Try to work out why you might hang on to a Canon system.

There are no reason not to switch, welcome to the Yellow side. You will be very welcomed.
You won't need to spend much at all. Just advertise at the marketplace and ask if anyone want to trade camera and lenses.
You are going to love the CLS and ergonomics and the lineup of lenses.
We are going to love you. It is time, to accept the darkness in your heart....

My 2 cents : Go with what you feel....

When I first started playing with DSLRs sometime back, I did a lot of research and decided I wanted a Nikon. But eventually bought Canon cos my budget at that time only allowed the "made in thailand" lower range Nikon. And the salesman told me "made in Japan" vs "made in Thailand", of cos Japan better. so $$ to Canon.

A few years on, after spending more$$$ on Canon....something went wrong with my Canon....and to cut a long story short... I decided to sell Canon and buy Nikon.

Am I better photographer now that I am with Nikon? Dont think so but I feel happier.
Does my Nikon take better picture than my old Canon ? Can't tell seriously. But I feel happier.
Am I poorer now? Yes....Not so happy about that. But when I hold my Nikon (which is still MADE IN THAILAND)...I totally forget I am poorer....

TS. Just for you to know. Someone I know, recently won a photography award oversea. She uses a 450D.... Beating many full frame users... She has an acute sense of vision which impressed me a lot, first time when she show me her photo on her camera.

It doesn't matter whether you stay or change, the focus should rather be your skill, that I feel matter most.

TS

nikon is the better than canon

BUT YOU ARE THE BEST!

Cool. This is the only way to know the difference! Owned both!

Own both, i don't shoot RAW as i can't PP. Personally i prefer nikon's colour. 60D and D7000 wise, i would say the D7000 feels more solid. Ergonomically, 60D will suit those with bigger hands. I don't shoot sport so i don't really bother who has the higher FPS.

One thing that the 60 pisses me off is, you need to pop up the flash to assist the AF. For D7000, it just light up the AF assist light easily. But, since you already have that much lens than just stay with Canon. For me, 60D is not worth to buy. AF system almost or same as 50D. Get a 7D or FF will be better.

buckwheat said:
I have a 40D with a number of good Canon lenses... 17-55/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8, 50/1.4, etc. I've been looking at the 60D, but have also looked at the D7000. All the reviews suggest that the D7000 outperforms the 60D in most aspects. I know this sub-forum might be a little biased ;) but can anyone experienced with both bodies suggest whether the positives of the D7000 ISO performance, AF function, etc outweigh the hassle of having to change over systems?

Cheers.

I came from canon to Nikon.. Dump 3 canon lens too.. Personal choice..

just bought a great condition D700... so i'n now in the club! haha. i went through exactly what i wanted in a new body and the nikon was the clear winner... so will now have fun selling off my canon kit, but happy that i have the body that suits my needs. thanks again all !

just bought a great condition D700... so i'n now in the club! haha. i went through exactly what i wanted in a new body and the nikon was the clear winner... so will now have fun selling off my canon kit, but happy that i have the body that suits my needs. thanks again all !

welcome to the yellow camp =)

guess I'm too late...
wanted to recommend u the Sony system. Highest mega pixel with delicious Zeiss lenses!

wow! welcome to the club! good luck in selling ur stuff!!

buckwheat said:

Canon 5DmkIII gonna be selling soon. Will you be selling off your D700 and go get this?

Last edited:
Canon 5DmkIII gonna be selling soon. Will you be selling off your D700 and go get this?

if constantly waited for the next big thing, i would never buy. silly approach to life.

i bought the best body that is available right now, for my needs, within my budget.

haf alwaysthot of going to canon with their two f1.2 lens haha