Stay Nikon or go to Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztsen

May 2, 2004
Singapore
calvintsen.fotopic.net
Hi Hi, currently I am using D70 body.
Thinking of buying another DSLR body. D70 may use as backup.

Not sure should i buy D200 or 30D.

I have the following to headache about:
1) 2MB extra VS low noise usable 1600/3200 VS sony latest build in stabilazer (lower price too)

2) Nikon 17-55 VS Canon 17-55 IS, canon have cheaper price and can get from tokyo now at ard SGD1600 by cash. not sure if SG will have such attractive price)

3) Focus, not sure about D200 and 30D, which perform better in low contrast condition

4) Will the quality of image different if i use D70 or D200 using the same lens, eg, 70-200 VR?
dont take about the image size.

5)anyone frustrate with the D200 ISO1600 and ISO3200 high noise?

headache... anyone can help to advise? :dunno:

Regards

Calvin

If you are getting another camera and wants your D70 as a backup, stick to Nikon. That way, you can reuse the batteries, flash, lens. Imagine you are covering a shoot and needs to bring a backup camera. If you have a different system you'd need 2 sets of lens, batteries, flashes!;p

And this Nikon sometime very heart attack. Like my D70 after warranty, the power on faulty. And now D200 have banding issue. Maybe I am not following the Canon story. So not sure about their QC.

ztsen said:
And this Nikon sometime very heart attack. Like my D70 after warranty, the power on faulty. And now D200 have banding issue. Maybe I am not following the Canon story. So not sure about their QC.

Canon has its fair share of lemons too...its not always rosy on the other side. Look at the 20D grip fiasco to see case in point. ;)

Thats good. if the batt can reuse.
So banding issue consider solved?

My F80 last time also after warranty the metering spoilt. cost me 200++ for repair.
think all this is 'hang soi' thingy.

since you have listed down the points that you have a headache about, why not you ponder over whether the swap in systems is justifiable. if you can live with it, stick to ur nikon

:D good idea
but if fall in love with both systems then bad thing to do.. must be faithful to only 1 system :D

else pocket will suffer big big hole

ztsen said:
Hi Hi, currently I am using D70 body.
Thinking of buying another DSLR body. D70 may use as backup.

Not sure should i buy D200 or 30D.

I have the following to headache about:
1) 2MB extra VS low noise usable 1600/3200 VS sony latest build in stabilazer (lower price too)
2MP u mean? Thought u of all ppl shld already know the pros and cons of megapixel count. Do u crop every single one of ur shots by 100%?

Low noise usability. The 30D obviously has a winning edge BUT so does the S3Pro. ;)

Sony's latest built-in stabiliser? That originated from Minolta my friend. Haven't been reading into other technologies that other brands offers, have u? :think:

2) Nikon 17-55 VS Canon 17-55 IS, canon have cheaper price and can get from tokyo now at ard SGD1600 by cash. not sure if SG will have such attractive price)
If u pop to Japan so very often, go ahead bring tons of Yen there and BUY BUY BUY! :thumbsup: (its really the land of BBB. Not joking abt it)

3) Focus, not sure about D200 and 30D, which perform better in low contrast condition
U are not sure of this and u're thinking of changing? Its like playing Russia Roulette blindfolded and u're betting on ur store of luck.

4) Will the quality of image different if i use D70 or D200 using the same lens, eg, 70-200 VR?
dont take about the image size.
If u're a bad photographer at that, 70-200VR ain't gonna be that different on both cams.

5)anyone frustrate with the D200 ISO1600 and ISO3200 high noise?
If the D200's fustrating with high noise, den go for an S3Pro. :bsmilie:

headache... anyone can help to advise?
Ask what u urself want. If u can't decide what u want (high ISO, high performance. Branding. Lens choice, etc), we can't really advise u and the headache's will be on us instead.

Regards

Calvin
Regards

jsbn

longkangman said:
If you check my very early post and recently you will know liao. :lovegrin: :embrass:
FF digital or film?

Sell the D70. Get a D70s and better lenses.

for jsbn, actually what i meant is something like this web http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_zoom_00.html
the lens may shine in different camera body.
ya, i realli dont like the noise when i use ISO800 and above.
I like the s3pro colour but this cam when preview a picture also struggle.
i dont like slow operation cam.

for yanyewkay, i wish i can afford both systems... haaa.. <greedy>

for Klose, dont make sense ler.. still D70

hmm high ISO ..how offten u use 800 and above ??

Sandman77 said:
hmm high ISO ..how offten u use 800 and above ??

what is this nikon you speak off? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.