Statues

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Saw this decoration on a neighbour's front yard and took a picture.

Which version do you prefer?

Do you like the picture at all? How can I improve?

Thanks!

Roy

acv.jpg

acx.jpg

i like the first version more. the second one looks abit ghastly.

however, the white on the left, kind of cause distraction. maybe you can shoot your statue on the left side of the frame, with contrasting dark green on the background.

and try to place your statue on 1/3 of your frame. then the composition will definitely look nicer.

Originally posted by roygoh
Saw this decoration on a neighbour's front yard and took a picture.

Which version do you prefer?

Do you like the picture at all? How can I improve?

Thanks!

Roy

acv.jpg

acx.jpg

Originally posted by silver.wolf
i like the first version more. the second one looks abit ghastly.

however, the white on the left, kind of cause distraction. maybe you can shoot your statue on the left side of the frame, with contrasting dark green on the background.

and try to place your statue on 1/3 of your frame. then the composition will definitely look nicer.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I could have moved a little to my left and then I should be able to exclude the distracting building on the left.

I also prefer the colour version. If there are colourful flowers around the statue that would have made it better. The B&W version reminds me of the cemetry shots posted here before and that mood does not fit the statues too well.

Should be able to try again this weekend, as this house is only 5 minutes walk from my place.;)

- Roy

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
great stuff

:thumbsup: keep shOoting!

Originally posted by roygoh
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I could have moved a little to my left and then I should be able to exclude the distracting building on the left.

I also prefer the colour version. If there are colourful flowers around the statue that would have made it better. The B&W version reminds me of the cemetry shots posted here before and that mood does not fit the statues too well.

Should be able to try again this weekend, as this house is only 5 minutes walk from my place.;)

- Roy

sorrie a damm newbie at this..........
how do post a pic on this forum ?

Originally posted by sevenWAYS
sorrie a damm newbie at this..........
how do post a pic on this forum ?

Welcome to ClubSnap!

To post a picture, you have to first upload it to a web server that supports direct linking.

In your post, use the "IMG" button to add the URL to the picture that you have uploaded.

When someone views your post, the web browser will follow the link to the image and then display it at the location of the link.

There are some web photo hosting services that are free, but most are either not reliable or do not support direct linking.

CS is providing web hosting service to members at a nominal fee. I don't remember the link to that thread, but if you are interested, send a PM to Darren to ask about it.

- Roy

Originally posted by Wai
decoration?

hmm...i found that they are a bit....eerie...esp the B&W one

may be becos it is 5am now :eek:

Probably because you are relating them to the statues in the Bidadari Chirstian Cemetry.

The actual scene is quite nice. It is quite a common kind of decoration here.
:)

:)
thanks alot for the reply !!!!!

any sites where they can host the pics ????:)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.