Not open for further replies.

dingying

Apr 5, 2006
singapore
Nimesstatue.jpg

converted to B&W
C&C please
thank you in anticipation :)

p/s: i like the leaves there actually. :)

rather sad? spot the "tear stains" on his face...;p

absolutely doesn't work for me. your intended subject is completely insignificant amidst the weathered texture of the sculpture, and i don't see how the leaves contribute anything.

Usually a statue or building looks too 2-dimensional when shot straight head on in front.

You may want to considering shooting from another angle by moving slightly to the side to give the subject a more 3-D effect. Which side depends on the background as well as which side of the statue looks more interesting. (from the picture, it's probably better to move slightly to the left)

Also you may want to consider lowering your shooting position to get a nice sky or tall building as background to give it a sense of place or to avoid any cluttered background at lower levels.

May be it's better to include the whole statue instead of just half the body. Alternatively, you may want to try a close-up of its facial features.

thank you Clockunder for your constructive comment and suggestions! really really appreciate that! :D

thanks eikin too!

i'm a newbie in photography and i really hope to learn more to improve. :bsmilie:

I think it would be more interesting to have a close up shot of the statue's face. A close up in colour of the weather beaten statue will adds a sad and forlorn feel to the pic. Just my own opinion.

NE clicks clicks said:
I think it would be more interesting to have a close up shot of the statue's face. A close up in colour of the weather beaten statue will adds a sad and forlorn feel to the pic. Just my own opinion.

i think it would work too! thanks mate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.