State Funeral Motorcade From Parliament House To Esplanade - 25 Feb 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett81

Aug 9, 2005
(CHANNEL NEWSASIA) The Prime Minister and the Cabinet have conveyed their condolences to the family of the late Mr S. Rajaratnam, expressing their sadness upon hearing of his passing.

And as a mark of respect for one of the founding fathers of independent Singapore, the State flag will be flown at half-mast on all Government buildings from Thursday till Saturday.

Mr Rajaratnam's body will lie in state at the Parliament House from 9.30am on Friday till noon on Saturday.

The public can pay their last respects to Mr Rajaratnam at the Parliament House from 9.30am to 9.00pm on Friday.

A State Funeral for family and invited guests will be held at the Esplanade on Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------

My condolences to the family of Mr Rajaratnam...

Even though is a sad and painful event, but I guess this could be recorded by local photographers as a historic event, a memory to cherish, something for our next generation to see and remember about Mr Rajaratnam...

I do not know what time the motorcade from Parliament to Esplanade is, but I suppose will be quite large scale.

I guess the traffic and roads from Parliament all the way to Esplanade will be closed on Saturday, but the public should be able to line up along the streets to see the motorcade?

Mr Rajaratnam has indeed been a very great asset to this nation. He has contributed a lot to what we have today and though I was not born during the period which he was in politics, I am grateful for all the service he has rendered to Singapore as one of our Founding Fathers.May he rest in peace and let the new generation bring Singapore to prosperity in the 21st Century.

Just a note: Photography is restricted in the Parliament.

bobafett81 said:
Just a note: Photography is restricted in the Parliament.

I guess you can only take when the motorcade drive pass lor.... but think need those fast and long lens....

anyone got go take?

Status
Not open for further replies.