Starting out on TFCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
i just wonder what is the best way to start out for indoor and outdoor portraits. i have zero experience on that, and all i have is spontaneous outdoor portraits during travel, and i can foresee lots of awkwardness when it is a one to one kind of interaction with a model from a total beginner.

should i better attend lessons and workshops to learn the basics first and not disgraced myself and disappoints even the newbie models for TFCD? any recommendations for that? and if i'm really substandard and can't even take the basics, is that "unprofessional" or "unethical" to offer TFCD? Should i just pay for those paid workshops as a startout with many photographers to a model, and learn from what others are doing? does anyone do a tag along observer for other people's TFCD?

what are the things to get prepared for TFCD? and what are the things one should look out for during the process?

you are doing model photography!

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

sorry for ot

I started off with my girl friend, then her friends.

Heck,i just asked my female friend who's a model and she instantly agree.
Soon their friends join...:bsmilie:

talking about saving on the amount on $$ that would be spent:angel:

my female colleagues also want to be my model, but i have no guts to try out so far.

yah, me no skills, no gut. unlike travel where one shoot as he wish, fail as he wish, once there is someone expecting at the next corner, it is different. better take a step at one time.

is there any text that is good in this, with basics on posing, interaction and lighting?

you are doing model photography!

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

sorry for ot

just hoping to improve my skills for indoor photography. i've sitting around and stagnating for a long time.

i started out by attending studio and outdoor portraiture course at a local photography club. Almost every week, we have to get at least a friend (could be my friend or my course mates) to come in and be the model.

After the course, I approached more ppl to do TFCD by showing those better shots that I took during the course.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.