start up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosevelt

Jan 22, 2004
Bukit panjang
hi...
i just bought a FM3a camera...
wat other thing i need to have???wat i need inside my cleaning kit...???
can anyone tell me wat are the tripod that i can get???how abt dry cabinet???hope ur can help me!!!!!

Lens, ask yourself what do you want to shoot (your interest).

Then, get a good flash (used also can).

Triport, what is your height, do you shoot low angle
(close up of flowers), ball head is more easier to use, what is the weight of your setup, how much weight you can for hours?

Dry box, electrical dry cabin of about 40 liters can take 3 lens of 70-200 zoom + 2 cam body + filters + tele. convertors.

Air tight box + silica is good for small setup and low frequency use of the gears.

Important things to note is NOT TO OVER LOAD YOURSELF & BE SURE OF YOUR SHOOTING STYLE. As you can see, lots of people sell the gears after few month due to under utilise & weight issues of their gears (unless $$$ not no problem for you).

roosevelt said:
hi...
can anyone tell me wat are the tripod that i can get???how abt dry cabinet???hope ur can help me!!!!!

Hi roosevelt!

Finally gotten your FM3a is it? Mind telling me where and how much you bought it for? And oh! Like your purchase?

As to your queries, I think having a tripod is really subjective to each person. Some people thinks that tripod are essential accessories for any serious photographers. Get a tripod only if you have the need to, in say macro photography, landscape photography or for night-shots. If not, just put it on hold until you really need it. Tripods can be real white elephants for a lot of people, and getting a 2nd hand tripod isn't that bad a deal (totally underutilised means totally mint! :D ). I'd gotten a SILK U8000 from a fellow CSnapper, and have been pleased with it. Well, it's a cheapo tripod that doesn't need head attachment. However, it suits my need fine, since I shoot stationary stuff most of the time, like flowers or landscape. Again, choosing tripod depends on your need. Go to cathay photo and browse at the overwhelming collection if you like!

Oh yah! I'm also in need of information for cleaning kit. Been trying out the lens pen, but it doesn't seems to clean up my UV filter :( . Any better type of cleaning kit? Or is there a standard cleaning procedure? :D

roosevelt said:
hi...

wah steady FM3a.... way to go!

cheatchu79 said:
Hi roosevelt!

Finally gotten your FM3a is it? Mind telling me where and how much you bought it for? And oh! Like your purchase?

As to your queries, I think having a tripod is really subjective to each person. Some people thinks that tripod are essential accessories for any serious photographers. Get a tripod only if you have the need to, in say macro photography, landscape photography or for night-shots. If not, just put it on hold until you really need it. Tripods can be real white elephants for a lot of people, and getting a 2nd hand tripod isn't that bad a deal (totally underutilised means totally mint! :D ). I'd gotten a SILK U8000 from a fellow CSnapper, and have been pleased with it. Well, it's a cheapo tripod that doesn't need head attachment. However, it suits my need fine, since I shoot stationary stuff most of the time, like flowers or landscape. Again, choosing tripod depends on your need. Go to cathay photo and browse at the overwhelming collection if you like!

Oh yah! I'm also in need of information for cleaning kit. Been trying out the lens pen, but it doesn't seems to clean up my UV filter :( . Any better type of cleaning kit? Or is there a standard cleaning procedure? :D

thanx man....so how much a tripod will usually cost....i'm looking for a tripod ...can u intro some of the brand to me...for a start???thanX!!!

cheatchu79 said:
Hi roosevelt!

hi...actually bought this camera from a nice guy...one of the guy that u can trust...in buying stuff from him...

For tripods, it also depend on your budget, and the amount of weight you it would carry as well as what you could carry. A normal aluminium frame tripod are usually cheaper and are usually used for compact cameras. My Silk U8000 is one of such tripod. It cost about $60 in store.

If you are using heavy gear, like a long telephoto lense, a heavier tripod is needed. I'm not exactly sure about this class of tripod, but Manfrotto is offer some of the better constructed tripod. Cost $100++ for tripod, and head is needed.

Then there's the super lightweight tripod, made of carbon fibre. Only go for Gitzo carbon tripod, as they are the one who introduced it. Better construct than the other brands. Carbon tripods are however really really expensive.

For more about tripod, click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.