Start Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoy

Jan 10, 2007
Hi! I'm new here. Awaiting all your C&C.

..start learning at an early age..
351371144_261c887e6a.jpg

Honestly, I think this picture is all wrong...

You could have gotten rid of the people in the back and intead taken a photo of the little girl from the front at an angle, so we can see her face and the cam. There's not indication that she's a little kid except for the skinny arms (the pink watch doesn't count...)

Also, watch your focus and flash. Use a diffuser if you're getting that close.

You could have gotten rid of the people in the back and intead taken a photo of the little girl from the front at an angle, so we can see her face and the cam. There's not indication that she's a little kid except for the skinny arms (the pink watch doesn't count...)

actually i find the composition ok, just maybe more room or make it tighter... the only thing i dun like is the color cast on the rear. maybe an adjustment or some burning & dodging will help.

actually i find the composition ok

Well, everyonbe has their own taste.... I just don't think the "Start Early" title matches the image. Something like "Smile!" or "Say cheese!" would have been more appropriate.

thanks..i really intentionally fit the people in the baackground..something like an effect of what she sees in the viewfinder of the cam..isn't the skinny arms and the proportion of heer size good enough to say she is a child?

with regards to flash..i just used the built-in flash..is there any diffuser of reflector i can use for canon350d built in flash?

Well, everyonbe has their own taste.... I just don't think the "Start Early" title matches the image. Something like "Smile!" or "Say cheese!" would have been more appropriate.

hmm..i guess your right..

actually i find the composition ok, just maybe more room or make it tighter... the only thing i dun like is the color cast on the rear. maybe an adjustment or some burning & dodging will help.

well i had to react and shoot it as soon as possible bec this was not a setup thingy.. i mean the moment could be lost in a split second..

btw, how do i do burning & dodging?

with regards to flash..i just used the built-in flash..is there any diffuser of reflector i can use for canon350d built in flash?

You know, in a pinch, a piece of 2-ply tissue, split into 1-ply, does wonders. I tried this with a Sony H1 too... At times, the H1's flash is just way too strong and over-exposes scenes (especially indoors). A single ply of tissue and clear scotch tape did the trick. Or, 3M sticky medical tape, the thin white one.

"Start Young" Or "young Shooter" for me

That said a non classic composition, intresting
Keep shooting :thumbsup:

This would be in Photoshop. :)

ya i know its in photoshop..but how do i do it in PS? i really dont hav tat much of knowledge in PS..

thnks in advance

You know, in a pinch, a piece of 2-ply tissue, split into 1-ply, does wonders. I tried this with a Sony H1 too... At times, the H1's flash is just way too strong and over-exposes scenes (especially indoors). A single ply of tissue and clear scotch tape did the trick. Or, 3M sticky medical tape, the thin white one.

Micropore?

ya i know its in photoshop..but how do i do it in PS? i really dont hav tat much of knowledge in PS..

thnks in advance

This would take quite a bit of time to explain... and honestly, is well-documented in many places on the net (and, as far as i remember, on this forum too). :)

"Start Young" Or "young Shooter" for me

That said a non classic composition, intresting
Keep shooting :thumbsup:

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.