stars on lampost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amethyst

Dec 10, 2002
www.pbase.com
*** would like to know how to take such shots, the light on the lampost looks like stars... *** need filters? ***

DSC00942.jpg

*extracted form Daniel Khoo's photo gallery

hi amethyst,

The star thing seems ok, well if you don't the star thing to appear on your any nite shot.....you can either set the shutter speed alittle faster or if its a point n shot cam use a red eye flash it might help, but the tree leafs on the left hand side is pretty distracting and the sky is pretty shown too much also maybe next time you can lower your camera to make the pic look more center. Well its just my view of looking at your pic hope no offence :D
Keep shooting :D

Cheers,
Henry

Star filters may give you a too exaggerating effect. Like what Newbiez said, stop down to f11 ~ f16.

Originally posted by ammox77
hi amethyst,

The star thing seems ok, well if you don't the star thing to appear on your any nite shot.....you can either set the shutter speed alittle faster or if its a point n shot cam use a red eye flash it might help, but the tree leafs on the left hand side is pretty distracting and the sky is pretty shown too much also maybe next time you can lower your camera to make the pic look more center. Well its just my view of looking at your pic hope no offence :D
Keep shooting :D

Cheers,
Henry

hi henry

i think you're abit mistaken, my enquiry was on how to such shots, not how to avoid taking such shots. anyway the pic i posted is not taken by me, it's just an example.

thanks for your views. :)

hi togu

i'm at the cokin filter website, there's alot of filters available in the market, can i just bring my camera to... AP? and get them to check which one is compatible for my camera?

Originally posted by amethyst
hi henry

i think you're abit mistaken, my enquiry was on how to such shots, not how to avoid taking such shots. anyway the pic i posted is not taken by me, it's just an example.

thanks for your views. :)

hi togu

i'm at the cokin filter website, there's alot of filters available in the market, can i just bring my camera to... AP? and get them to check which one is compatible for my camera?

You can take a look at this page

http://www.cokin.fr/ico2-p2.html

It'll be a better choice to bring the camera down to the shop too, that'll be the safest. Try on the spot and make sure it fits your camera.

Btw, I just posted 1 shot.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=296466#post296466

using the cokin star filter. I think you can adjust the length of the star edge. Can't really remember, the shots was taken sometime ago.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.