Starry Starry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaoxing

Feb 16, 2003
Bedok, Singapore
Visit site
Very long never see so many stars in our night sky liao...... :bigeyes:

Tonight's sky is so clear I can see so many bright blinking stars..... :)

what time did you see the stars?

during NS and reservist, during overnight ops, we sleep on the deck of our M113 out in the open ground, if you wakes around 0300-0400, you'll see a fantastic starry sky, so many many many stars it's amazing :)

very hard to see stars in Singapore's light polluted skys.

hwchoy said:
what time did you see the stars?

during NS and reservist, during overnight ops, we sleep on the deck of our M113 out in the open ground, if you wakes around 0300-0400, you'll see a fantastic starry sky, so many many many stars it's amazing :)

very hard to see stars in Singapore's light polluted skys.
Yah..... nowadays harder to have such clear skies.... anyway, I observed the sky was clear since 8:30pm just now...... if clouds don't start moving around it should still be clear now. Good chance to take night sky photos.... but I'm surrounded by urban areas now.... too much ambient lighting..

the last time i saw that many stars was just a few days ago...
when there was totally no light...

When I was in Turkey last year, the sky was so clear. Was really amazing to see so many stars in the sky without any highrise.

lk

My unforgettable starry nights were in Thailand. During training in NSF.

Flat plains, cloudless skies....filled with stars.

Also, i enjoy night dives a lot.....the best part is when you surface and the seas are calm, the skies are clear and there is no other light source and the world is just suddenly beautiful with the starry starry nights. :)

so good, when I was training in Thailand (Aug period) EVERY night was cloudy and drizzles, straight through 5 weeks of starless total darkness :(

yaoxing said:
Very long never see so many stars in our night sky liao...... :bigeyes:

Tonight's sky is so clear I can see so many bright blinking stars..... :)

ya lor, i was at pasir ris beach earlier, & saw many stars in the almost cloudless nite sky. Nice feeling. :)

pretty sad that sg got such a light polluted sky aye?

malaysia is already way much better. thailand a notch up again...haiz.
the stars are so packed and bright that i couldn't find orion for around 5mins. ha. in malaysia on the way to cameroon highland. wonderful stuff. :)

Anyone ever seen a clear shooting star in Sg skies before?
(I've only seen it in Australia... so far never in Sg)

isis said:
Anyone ever seen a clear shooting star in Sg skies before?
(I've only seen it in Australia... so far never in Sg)

yes, when I lie flat looking straight up into the sky, usually around 0300, once in a while you will suddenly see a point of light streaking across the sky. Not uncommon, maybe 2 or 3 a night. Usually do that at the LCK reservoir area.

hwchoy said:
yes, when I lie flat looking straight up into the sky, usually around 0300, once in a while you will suddenly see a point of light streaking across the sky. Not uncommon, maybe 2 or 3 a night. Usually do that at the LCK reservoir area.
Wah..... you go there just for this streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.