Starhub reception in NUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedwerkz

Jun 13, 2004
Hi guys, just want to check if anyone from NUS here, hows the reception of Starhub phones over at NUS, in particular at places like SOC and PGP. Cos entering Uni soon, and most likely would be staying at PGP and thinking of changing to Starhub, but scared there poor or no reception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cheers

sometime reception depands on the phone. SE phone is proven to have bad reception compares to others.

mmm.... my campus lecture theatre got no reception one. i using starhub. however, my friends who are singtel users, got full reception inside lor. i cannot even send sms out. theirs can make calls out somemore.... :dunno:

jonlou said:
mmm.... my campus lecture theatre got no reception one. i using starhub. however, my friends who are singtel users, got full reception inside lor. i cannot even send sms out. theirs can make calls out somemore.... :dunno:

so jia lat?

starhub just sucks bigtime.. could hardly get a worthy 1 bar of reception over at Sci Fac... :angry:

Hmm this sucks...maybe that explains their cheaper phone packages, and more attractive price plans.

zekai said:
so jia lat?

Hell yeah. now that the other operators are offering free incoming calls, i might just switch to them when my contract expires in nov.

singtel and m1 couldn't beat starhub's free-incoming calls attack. so i suppose they joined in the fun. :bsmilie: i suppose in the years or even months to come, if starhub continues this kind of poor reception, many are gonna switch over to the other 2 liao. :think:

zedwerkz said:
Hi guys, just want to check if anyone from NUS here, hows the reception of Starhub phones over at NUS, in particular at places like SOC and PGP. Cos entering Uni soon, and most likely would be staying at PGP and thinking of changing to Starhub, but scared there poor or no reception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cheers

I'm from SoC used to stay in PGP and am still using Starhub.

PGP reception was okay except when you start going "underground" as in the conference rooms and multi purpose halls. Your phone will then fluctuate between 0 and 2 bars or so.

SoC reception is fine. Reception in some LTs, particularly in Science is bad, but the common LTs like 33/34 and 27, reception is acceptable.

you want to send sms in LT for what.. haha :think: :think:

Thanks all for your replies, just realised that Singtel upgraded their I-one plan today, quite worth it now i think, all day free incoming, 100mins outgoing anytime, and 500 sms $25.20. Heh, now at least got plan quite similar to Starhub, and guranteed better reception too. :)

zedwerkz said:
Thanks all for your replies, just realised that Singtel upgraded their I-one plan today, quite worth it now i think, all day free incoming, 100mins outgoing anytime, and 500 sms $25.20. Heh, now at least got plan quite similar to Starhub, and guranteed better reception too. :)

Yes. This plan is SUPER worth it, but just be careful about calling out often as it's not per second billing.

yamcake said:
you want to send sms in LT for what.. haha :think: :think:

then let me ask u u everytime use sms to do wat? C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.E. duh!?!? especially when the lecturer's disastrous... :sweat:

I don't know about Starhub... but I'm having a hell of a time sending and receiving smses with my M1 connection whenever I work in the lab! :(

Think the safest bet is still with Singtel.

The_Cheat said:
I don't know about Starhub... but I'm having a hell of a time sending and receiving smses with my M1 connection whenever I work in the lab! :(

Think the safest bet is still with Singtel.

not really, i am using singtel, lot of places also no reception. As I said, it depands very much on phone.

ninelives said:
not really, i am using singtel, lot of places also no reception. As I said, it depands very much on phone.

It also depends on where you are... :(

There's no problem with M1 connection at Arts or BizAd though! :D
Think I shall change my research area! ;)

Think I would be changing to the I-One Plus plan, then maybe get the SE T610 too. Heh I know it's an old phone, but its the only 1 I can afford now, and its quite feature-pack too for the price, $43 after trade-in, much better than the 6610Ii at $98, cept SE's menu is damn slow :(

zedwerkz said:

When they say all day free, does that mean 24 hrs or just daytime hours?

ninelives said:
go upgrade the firmware. latest version is RC6

Hehe, silly qns, but where to get it upgraded ? Singtel Hello shop ? or Sony Ericsson Service Center ? BTW how to I check which version is my HP currently. Thanks.

zedwerkz said:
Hehe, silly qns, but where to get it upgraded ? Singtel Hello shop ? or Sony Ericsson Service Center ? BTW how to I check which version is my HP currently. Thanks.

sony service center.

to check your version : >*<<*< *

the "><" is your joystick.

Status
Not open for further replies.