Starhub or M1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canongrapherL

Aug 9, 2006
Starhub mobile got "per seconds" billing while M1 does not.

Do you think that make a huge diff in the overall expenditure?

depends on your usage pattern.

I'm on M1's free incoming calls (most of the time trouble looks for me, not the other way round). Per sec billing makes little difference in my case.

Another point u should consider is whether which service provider gives better coverage. I heard from some Starhub users that the coverage in certain areas can very bad. I don't think M1 have such problem. Definitely, not Singtel which I am using.

Starhub coverage has improved and I can say it is good. The per sec makes a big difference as I know I am only charged per sec usage.

If you are looking for excellent coverage, I would recommend Singtel.

Starhub coverage has improved and I can say it is good. The per sec makes a big difference as I know I am only charged per sec usage.

If you are looking for excellent coverage, I would recommend Singtel.

Singtel is the best because bigger market share means more base stations and bigger coverage.

Sometimes it takes more than one and a half hours for a sms to reach me from a Starhub user. So far I'm quite happy with M1 coverage and reception... hardly ever any dropped calls.
Also can call/receive call from inside lift/underground etc. with no problems...

Sounds like Starhub have questionable network coverage.

Generally, Singtel is thought to have the best coverage as it is deem to be the main player here in singapore.

Anyone else had trouble with their service providers?

Sounds like Starhub have questionable network coverage.

Generally, Singtel is thought to have the best coverage as it is deem to be the main player here in singapore.

Anyone else had trouble with their service providers?

Generally Starhub has very good coverage. If you really have a problem with the signal strength in your neighbourhood/near your house. You can drop them a call, they will activate their engineers to do site-survey.

Generally Starhub has very good coverage. If you really have a problem with the signal strength in your neighbourhood/near your house. You can drop them a call, they will activate their engineers to do site-survey.

not really.. i did complained once.. and guess what.. the young lady said she took the same route as mine and found no problem. :nono:

I always have problem with the connection at Expo area leh... So just call them and tell them?

I choose Starhub because of per-second billing and also for the 018 overseas calls counted as local calls.
Coverage-wise, I don't have any problems (then again, I don't go to ulu ulu areas).

Hello,

Sometimes, when I am on the phone, there is always the noise which keep on appearing as and when the sound likes. Sometimes, when it occour, the other party is also saying something, making me miss what the other party said. I dont think its my phone's problem because I just upgraded the software. I dont think its the other party's problem because the other party is using a lined phone, not a cordless phone.

Could it be Starhub's side?

Thanks!

another thing to consider is the loyalty privileges. i am using maxonline now, but my whole family is using singtel handphone services. sometimes when the bill for singtel and starhub comes, i can't help but to calculate those savings that i could have saved by just sticking everything to starhub. though you might say it is just marketing gimmick, i still saved money right?

I always have problem with the connection at Expo area leh... So just call them and tell them?

Yeah ... I go to Expo every Sunday. Most of the time, the reception is full bar. Which part of the Expo are you refering to ?

what u faced is congestion... there are mega church services in expo on weekends.. too many users sharing the same base station time slots at one time.

Yeah ... I go to Expo every Sunday. Most of the time, the reception is full bar. Which part of the Expo are you refering to ?

the bar show on your phone only tells u how well yourr phone is in the coverage, it doesn't not tell u the traffic conditions in that covered.. there could be congestions going on and the bar is 100% full

:sweat:

the bar show on your phone only tells u how well yourr phone is in the coverage, it doesn't not tell u the traffic conditions in that covered.. there could be congestions going on and the bar is 100% full

:sweat:

I am refering to the context of signal strength. I do not face any problems on every Sunday with regards to the traffic congestions.

M1 don't give out handphone vouchers as part of their loyalty programmes. Starhub gives its customers almost every year or at least when their contract is about to end.

And i have been with M1 since 1999.

The only reason why i am still with them is cos i don't want to change my no.

But once 100% no. portability kicks in next nov, i will switch to starhub.

M1 don't give out handphone vouchers as part of their loyalty programmes. Starhub gives its customers almost every year or at least when their contract is about to end.

And i have been with M1 since 1999.

The only reason why i am still with them is cos i don't want to change my no.

But once 100% no. portability kicks in next nov, i will switch to starhub.

speaking of which, those starhub christmas offers looks tempting. going to check when contracts ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.