Starhub offers 25mbps down/ 1mbps up Cable plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Besides making the content available to all customers, StarHub is also making 2G and 3G price plans simpler for consumers. StarHub’s subscription plans will have the following features:

StarHub will offer only one set of price plans - for both 2G and 3G customers. All subscription charges, voice call charges, data charges, subscription charges and its associated free entitlements/benefits will be standardised. Video call rates will be the same as voice call rates;
For customers who have 3G-enabled handsets, they will enjoy free incoming video calls (1) just as they are enjoying free incoming voice calls today; and
Customers with 3G-enabled phones can also make 100 minutes of free outgoing video calls (2);
StarHub’s diverse genre of content will be updated constantly and new content will be added regularly to allow customers to indulge in their passions, wherever they are."

"...To enhance the overall customer value as StarHub celebrates the launch of MaxOnline Ultimate, StarHub will be offering an attractive promotional deal by giving away a free HP Notebook together with a 10% discount off the monthly fee of a two-year MaxOnline Ultimate subscription."

Woot. Interesting indeed. Now for the price... ;)

MaxOnline Ultimate with up to 25 Mbps of download speed, and at a monthly subscription fee of S$116 (S$121.80 with GST) offers great value, considering the per-unit rate is at a mere S$4.87/Mbps per month. Other competing residential broadband access plans that are available locally are priced at much higher per-unit rate.
The price looks good too! :D

Its sad that i dont have a brother to share my internet with. : (
For those on this plan.... they can actually consider hosting their own photo... since speed is no long that big an issue.

i get this.

The page you have requested cannot be found.
You can take the following steps:

The URL may be inaccurately keyed in.
Please check your URL and try again

To visit the StarHub page click here

Kindly contact our friendly Customer Care consultants at
1633 should you require further assistance
:(

found this
http://www.starhub.com.sg/newsroom/newsrm_item.asp?id=3795&category=Starhub News

Quite a good deal IMHO, especially since they'll be throwing in an HP notebook (unknown specs for now) and a 10% discount on the monthly subscription.

I'm on MOL 6500 and I'm quite tempted. :D Paying an additional $40 more and getting the above + 1 Mbit upstream appear to be quite a good deal (assuming they'd allow MOL 6500 subscribers to upgrade to MOL 25000).

:Later,

Jer said:
Will be interesting to see what HP notebook they are offering?? any idea?
misato over at this HWZ thread has this to say, and I quote:

http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/sg_en/11_28_365_3954_PV160PA.html

Here the rough spec.. the only listed is for its newer brother
Note that no official statement has been given by starhub on the specs yet, so take everything you read with regards the specs as nothing but speculation. :sweat:

:Later,

Wah.. very good deal... I remembered I was paying something like $100+ for dialup unlimited access several years back... How time flies and now a very good deal... ;)

$121.8 x 90% = $109.6

let's say if they give a cheapo laptop that only worth $1.5K when u sell it
$1500 / 24 mths = $62.5

so you are only paying $109.6 - 62.5 = $47.1 per mth!!!

damn...i just sign a 2 years MOL6500 contract last month

Pinoy said:
Note that no official statement has been given by starhub on the specs yet, so take everything you read with regards the specs as nothing but speculation. :sweat:

spec here
http://www.starhub.com/online/promotionsandevents/mol_ultimate/index.html

u can also upgrade the notebook to a Pentium M 1.6Ghz at $523

http://www.starhub.com/online/promotionsandevents/mol_ultimate/upgradeoptions.html

Wai said:

Quite a good idea to upgrade from the vegetable to a Pentium M.. Heh.. Plan looks good if home hosting is legit.. Me still stuck on 24 month, MO 2000 contract.. LOL...

Firefox said:
Quite a good idea to upgrade from the vegetable to a Pentium M.. Heh.. Plan looks good if home hosting is legit.. Me still stuck on 24 month, MO 2000 contract.. LOL...

well..dunno why starhub website only list the laptop worth $1399

even worse case....u sell the laptop at $1000

average each month you will save about $42

so actually you are paying $68 only...which is cheaper than what i am paying for MOL6500 now ;( ;( ;(

and you get 4 times higher download, and 3 times higher upload speed

Status
Not open for further replies.