Starhub Maxonline surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
Is it just me or has surfing overseas sites been very sllllloooooow lately???

me too... overseas site is getting slower, and my dl speeds is dropping like crazy...

its getting slower la.... tats for sure..

btw, can someone teach me how to restrict the amt of bandwith in the computer or router ? coz i have 2 comps running at the same time, so i wan to restrict one with higher bandwith for uploading works, and dling and lower bandwith for normal useage ??

and also hw to restrict the wi-fi to one person ??

i am using the Linksys B wireless.. hehe..

Change channels? Someone in your area might be using the same channel as you, leading to noise, so your computer has to check signals first before using. This leads to slowness.

OMG, sooo many people using wireless nowadays arr ? it's fairly easy to tap and break into one wireless network.

Answering to GO, you can use ur router's built-in program that allows only certain MAC IP to access to ur network. And for restriction, you can try using softwares like NetLimiter ? haha

If that doesn't answer, guess u can bring ur questions to ur local computer expert.

glennyong said:
btw, can someone teach me how to restrict the amt of bandwith in the computer or router ? coz i have 2 comps running at the same time, so i wan to restrict one with higher bandwith for uploading works, and dling and lower bandwith for normal useage ??

and also hw to restrict the wi-fi to one person ??

i am using the Linksys B wireless.. hehe..

Bandwidth restriction, you need to have QoS to prioritize your traffic. If you're using a WRT54G... then just install the 3rd party firmware.

Wifi to 1 person? MAC filtering.

dEthANGeL said:
Bandwidth restriction, you need to have QoS to prioritize your traffic. If you're using a WRT54G... then just install the 3rd party firmware.

Wifi to 1 person? MAC filtering.

Qos Packing ? this one can set on the router one ?

glennyong said:
Qos Packing ? this one can set on the router one ?

I'm not sure what model your router is .. if its the WRT54G ... 3rd party firmware from Alchemy.. does support QoS .. using it at home. The latest firmware from linksys might be able to support QoS. I'm not very sure.

erm mine is the BEFW11S4 de... hmmmz....

Status
Not open for further replies.