starhub maxonline is it got problem now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too.. LoL... alot of pics can't load as well... requires refresh to load.

god, i thought it was juz mine pc. :embrass:

Maybe starhub kena jinxed once again with some cables chopped by falling anchors....

Btw, do u guys notice, starhub seem to have a great deal of fate with falling ship anchors as compare to the other telcos?? I dun really hear other telcos the cable constantly(like once in a yr or two) kena chopped by falling anchors somehow....

Mine is terrible. Complaining like crazy as it's just not 'Ultimate' for me.

yah when i called last night they say mass problem.

then this morning called me to ask if it's okay or not, but i wasn't home so they said call them back at night when i'm home to update them.

so i reached home and it was still slightly slow, and i called them, and the bloody CSO who answered the phone was damn rude to me. scolded her for being rude, then she pointed fingers back at me and said i was the one rude to her. omg man what's this world coming to?

bloody starhub internet always lags the crap out of me recently and now customer service also buaykan. when my term and all expires i'm going to consider switching liao man.

starhub does not own these long distance cables. they rent them from (international) carriers like Asia Global Crossing.

Currently, I believe they are doing something to the backbone (being a monday). Forget calling their customer service. There is nothing they can do to up the speed just for you. It should get better in a couple days when the migration is back in shape;)

As for anchor chopping cable, again, it is not the problem of local telcos. These belong to carriers , but the local telcos have the obligation to re-route the bandwidth to ride on other pipes. If you really want something different from the mainstream, try pacific internet as they have some routes different from the green and red. but they may not be the best all the time either and their customers to bandwidth ratio needs to be optimized to realize profits.

Note: broadband is about sharing bandwidth in a massive scale. you get faster when there are fewer people online (ie at 4am). but when there is trouble in the backstage, everyone will suffer.

Thought they all have to go through Singtel and then on to the international carrier?

Yes but no... By default, both PI, SH and whoever that has an international circuit has to pass thru the gateway where Singtel happens to be the gatekeeper.

But if your carrier screws up, they cant give you more since the gateway is only a point of transit and not a mass cumulation of shared bandwidth. (eg, if you use a calling card to call and the voip service is overloaded with dropped calls, Singtel wont be responsible to mend the link and give you free international minutes. Singtel only gives you point to point access for local usages and the gateway is only a security measure for security purposes).

One of the reasons why it must be monitored is because it can all be tracked. Yes, every packet can be tracked if they want to, and that includes what i am typing.

OK, i cant go too technical to explain as my knowledge is a lil rusty; it had be a while since i work with the techies to draft solutions for clients on their infrastructure setup. It really is interesting to see how the vpn cloud works and what shortcuts can be done to save costs.

heheh I know something about that ..that is why I asked as I thought wah...how can not go through Singtel heheh.. and lose that ability to track. National Security leh heheh... There has to be a gatekeeper for sure. Thought somehow Star Hub avoided that!!! hahahahahah

the haze la... blocking my wifi

yah when i called last night they say mass problem.

then this morning called me to ask if it's okay or not, but i wasn't home so they said call them back at night when i'm home to update them.

so i reached home and it was still slightly slow, and i called them, and the bloody CSO who answered the phone was damn rude to me. scolded her for being rude, then she pointed fingers back at me and said i was the one rude to her. omg man what's this world coming to?

bloody starhub internet always lags the crap out of me recently and now customer service also buaykan. when my term and all expires i'm going to consider switching liao man.

in the first place, customer service in sg is one of the toughest jobs around...especially when singaporeans are not exactly the easiest lot to please...

if you feel irritated over the phone, the tech support will also feel the same way...

anyway changing service is also roughly the same but be prepared to put on hold for long periods of time during peak hours for singtel...

wonder how my friend can stand being in the cust svc at starhub only to get scoldings most of the time...pity her.

Last edited:
well said... but hey, it cuts both ways. the customers feel cheated, the CS person need to say sorry. However, for those who complain, pls do so in a more civil fashion as each conversation is dubbed alright. if they really piss, they just rake it up as a police case for verbal abuse when the buzz words got hit. This is also one of their tricks to take revenge.

And yes, it is a humble job. i was told yonks ago, the ceo terry once led all his top line exec to sit on a CS chair and put on the headset and answer calls. All of them had a good tastes of the shocking Singapore culture in some callers.As such, the churn rate for people in such a job is high. Afew CS people had mental setbacks, too. But, if you have a heart, remember they are still humans and may be your uncle's daughter.

ya, i remembered calling dell cust support recently and all their calls is recorded.
seems to me, for server stuff, they keep pushing to their tech support, end up with no solution except to wait for the next working day.

how's your internet connections now?

i'm seeing something weird. if i connect my computer direct to the cable modem i get 12mbps download speed, but if i go thru any of my 2 routers the speed drops to 8mbps or less. this problem only started about 2 weeks ago.

has been like that for a while already....maybe they have difficulties paying their dues too..lol

still huh? :(

are those of you having speed problems connecting via router? i cant help thinking starhub drops the line speed when it detects a router. :dunno:

Anyone having slow speed with Maxonline NOW?
Mine is damn laggy for the past 3 hrs.

maybe so....but speedtest.net shows me 12mbps if i connect direct to cable modem, and 7mbps+ if connect thru router. so far i have tested 2 routers - netgear wgr614 and apple time capsule. there is a chance of cos that the problem is with both routers, but what are the chances of that?

i did think that starhub might be monitor the ethernet address of the router, so i tried cloning in the address of my computers but no difference.

dunno man...maybe i'll give starhub a call later. but i foresee they will highlight the fact that direct connection is fast.

direct connect is always faster. once go thru a router and you notice an immediate drop (not ISP problem), it is probably the internal issues of the router. You probably have consumer grade routers. Have you tried borrowing a cisco router? it may have better throughput.

but 2 weeks ago my router was giving me 12mbps and sometimes 13mbps, so i'm wondering why the sudden drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.