Starhub MaxOnline 2000 or SingNet Broadband 1500kbps Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i've been using SCV cable from long long long time ago..... then now they coming up with more and more plans to earn $ i guess...

i remember that SCV's customer Service ain't really good. So be prepared if you faces any problems.

As for the speed... you rarely hit the limit de... (no matter its that 2000 de or 6500 one).

ya, if you want to upload stuffs, go for ADSL, coz Cable is very slow with uploads...

leeter said:
actually i've been using SCV cable from long long long time ago..... then now they coming up with more and more plans to earn $ i guess...

i remember that SCV's customer Service ain't really good. So be prepared if you faces any problems.

As for the speed... you rarely hit the limit de... (no matter its that 2000 de or 6500 one).

ya, if you want to upload stuffs, go for ADSL, coz Cable is very slow with uploads...

totally agree..!

Falcon said:
What abt the customer service support of Starhub? Is it good and responsive?

From my experience, yes. During busy times you may be on hold for a while, but once you get through, they're patient and knowledgeable. They even tried to help me sort out my VPN issues ... in the end, I figured out the solution myself by trial and error, but the important thing is that they tried to help instead of saying "... please get in touch with your company's IT dept ..." right away.

I'd stick with Starhub.

STARHUB!!!

cos for the past 4 years or so i think, i have experienced nothing but high speed downloads, surfs and connection-problems-free internet access! although i nearly jumped ship to singtel a few months ago becos of their IPOD, which i found out later that the collection of the FREE GIFT was full of problematic procedures n rude customer service(becos my friend subscribed to it)!!! the best part, the ipod itself was faulty and i had to help her get a replacement...

STARHUB - Truely BROADBAND, Truely UNLIMITED.

Drudkh said:
there's only 1 internet optical fiber going in & out of SG, so it all depends on the distribution of bandwidth by starhub & singtel and who has more.

hmmm... says who??

West_ray said:
singnet also charges fees for termination lehz
starhub also got termination fee.

i am having a maxonline contract with starhub. shortly after i subscribed, something happen and i have to move house around last year may like that, and the new house owner has provide mi with his singnet internet connection. so i of coz use his one foc.

then i forgot i am still with maxonline totally after that. so i paid more than half year without using it. (this is my fault, haha...)

till one day a lady from starhub called mi. ask mi if i changed address, coz their letters couldn't reach mi.
ya, so i finally remember and wanna to terminate, you guess cost how much?...
and the fee for continue to "use" till my contract ends at sept is 290+, lolx...

well, so i have to pay for nothing for few more months...

BUT...........................................

if you ask mi, i still think starhub is better.
i have used pacificnet, and starhub before. now using singtel.

pacnet, i just cant bear with it when i use it, but it's oversea performance is quite stable (slow although).

now using singnet. it's oversea connection is quite moody. if it happy then run normally; not happy, then ya have to wait a while...

my happiest connection is still with starhub. almost 4 years ago from now, starhub already gave mi max download speed at around 250+kbps (during non-peak hours, tried 340kbps before, 4~5 years back!!!.).

then changed to pac coz i was damn pissed with the customer service. but i regret shortly after that due to pacnet performance. wait till the moment the contract ends, i just cant stop myself to jump ship back to starhub again.

so about one year ago i started using starhub (1500k) again. well, cs still s__k, no improvement at all. hotline unreachable most of the time. (i am also starhub hp users also, but their hp cs is very very good! :thumbsup: ) and i am hooked with it till now...

sorry, a bit messy above. conclusion is --- from technical point (and my point) of view, starhub give you better performance. if u dont intend to use ur desktop as http or ftp server, and u no need to upload things very often, go for starhub. coz u always download more than upload. it is easier to bear with ocassional uploading (but ur friend has to bear with it) than frequent downloading ;)

** i use DU Meter to record my connection speed, unless this software bluff mi, or else i think i give quite a fair judgement myself. http://www.dumeter.com/

I have basically switch from starhub to singnet and finally to magix.

I find starhub cable is horribly slow . may be due to several pple in my block sharing (notice alot of students staying in my block). Uploading is a extremely slow.

Singnet is abit faster... but the oversea connection is average. Slower connection (at least locally)... but i can't say that it is much slower than maxonline. At times, it is faster than maxonline . (most of the time the other way). The bottle net still lies in the distribution of bandwidth oversea between service providers.

As for magix, i have not looked back. The pricing is abit ex, but the speed is fast. at least for me, much faster than singnet and scv maxonline, incl oversea connection.

As for the customer service, starhub support is really questionable. They seem to be extremely busy. My encounter with singnet is slightly better... u need to "anchor" them though.

Right now ... waiting to terminate my maxonline and keeping the magix.

PacNet ? I have several customers facing issues with it... hear connection breaks often. Personally I am not too sure about it as I am not a account holder for that service provider.

Have signed up option 1 yesterday! Thanks for all your comments and advises!

Anyone signed up for SNBB 1500 kbps Unlimited Plan Promotion and has no use for the $250 Singtel Mobile Voucher? PM me if you have one to spare.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.