StarHub extends free incoming calls' offer for 13 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Ho

Jan 17, 2002
jasonho.clubsnap.org
SINGAPORE'S smallest mobile phone operator StarHub has extended its free incoming local calls' offer for another 13 months to May 1, 2005.

The extension will apply to current and new customers. But it will apply to only those who pay for the service after using it as opposed to those who buy pre-paid cards.

Now I'm really tempted to go and change operator to Starhub...

It wld truly be wonderful if Starhub wld be willing to pay for the "penalty" borne by those planning to switch over from Singtel or M1 to Starhub as well. Anyone from Starhub on this forum?

How's the reception like for the Starhub network nowadays?

I'm only aware that there used to be lots of complaints of dropped calls.

Originally posted by jeff chen
It wld truly be wonderful if Starhub wld be willing to pay for the "penalty" borne by those planning to switch over from Singtel or M1 to Starhub as well. Anyone from Starhub on this forum?

Yup, that sounds good. But if they do that, they'll probably impose an even higher penalty should you decide to switch over to the other service providers. Otherwise, we could be switching service providers everyday ;p

Originally posted by imaginary_number
How's the reception like for the Starhub network nowadays?

I'm only aware that there used to be lots of complaints of dropped calls.

I was both a Singtel and Starhub user, had 2 SIMs and 2 phones.

One of the insane reasons was the Starhub SIM was intended for incoming calls (to save money) and as a backup in case there is no network, the calls get diverted to Singtel.

However recent I terminated the Singtel line as I find the Starhub network coverage to be improving, though certain areas still cannot receive.

Areas like inside the lift, in the MRT tunnels (certain sections) and some buildings. (Singtel lines no problems, even inside the lift)

overall 95% of the time, I was able to make and receive calls. :thumbsup:

Hm... For those people that I called with Starhub phones, the voice quality didn't seem to be that good..

Perhaps I called them when they were in those 5% uncovered areas? :D

yeah...

btw, i think starhub will give free incoming calls forever lar....if not, everyone will jump to Singtel or M1 already.

loves their per seconds billing too, i never exceed the 80 free min for outing call no matter how frequent i make phone call.

While last time with M1, i usually have to pay $10-20 more on top of subscription fees

Originally posted by newuser

However recent I terminated the Singtel line as I find the Starhub network coverage to be improving, though certain areas still cannot receive.

Areas like inside the lift, in the MRT tunnels (certain sections) and some buildings. (Singtel lines no problems, even inside the lift)

overall 95% of the time, I was able to make and receive calls. :thumbsup:

I have been with Starhub since the first day it was launched

at first the reception was really bad, no way i can make phone call in MRT or shopping center basement

The coverage and quality really improving for the past few years, but of cos still not as good as Singtel or M1 that uses dual band

bad news

StarHub also announced today new rates for its PowerPlay and PowerTalk plans. From 1 June 2003, new PowerPlay customers will pay S$28, and PowerTalk customers, S$88. These plans continue to provide all-day Free Incoming local Calls, Per Second Billing, All-Day Flat Rate and No IDD 018 Charge to Malaysia. To reward existing PowerPlay & PowerTalk users, they will continue to pay the original prices (S$22 & S$68 respectively) and enjoy the mentioned benefits. This offer of paying the original prices is also extended to new customers who sign up before 1 June 2003.

so for those who want to subscribe to Starhub...better do it early!

Originally posted by Wai
bad news

so for those who want to subscribe to Starhub...better do it early!

I think that Starhub will never remove the "free incoming call" service. Its just another promotional ad.

Taking for example when M1 launch few years ago, they state that they will be offering a 30% discount on their $40 plan and new customers will only need to pay $28 for the next 1 yr. But they never remove the 30% till today.

Once you give a discount it is very difficult to remove it, as customers will switch operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.