Starhub Advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstallion

A thought just crossed my mind.

You know the Starhub advert where there is that one guy, first he is at the auction, then he is meeting clients at a private jet etc. That advert.

He steals that guys shirt right? We seem him running off with it and the guy chasing after him.

I remember a while back reading some information on censorship or something in the General forum here, and one of the regulations was that no advert in Singapore can portray a crime. Now stealing is a crime right? And Starhub is a Singapore company? So how was that advert allowed?

I don't really care that much, I think its a quality advert, especially from Starhub, what I don't agree with however is double standards.

Any views on this? Has anyone else read this before?

A thought just crossed my mind.

You know the Starhub advert where there is that one guy, first he is at the auction, then he is meeting clients at a private jet etc. That advert.

He steals that guys shirt right? We seem him running off with it and the guy chasing after him.

I remember a while back reading some information on censorship or something in the General forum here, and one of the regulations was that no advert in Singapore can portray a crime. Now stealing is a crime right? And Starhub is a Singapore company? So how was that advert allowed?

I don't really care that much, I think its a quality advert, especially from Starhub, what I don't agree with however is double standards.

Any views on this? Has anyone else read this before?

he din steal mah... he merely exchanged... cos it was lead by the soccer jersey exchange thingy..

Yeah, I always wondered that as well. Mind you, the guy in the advert is none too bright. Imagine organising a big surprise party to then get caught almost groping the finest woman at the party, especially when you actually know when your wife is arriving.

Still, he must be faster than Bruce Lee to get that T-shirt of that guy without him noticing and then to get that good a headstart.

Definitely the best advert out of Singapore in a long time.

Yeah, I always wondered that as well. Mind you, the guy in the advert is none too bright. Imagine organising a big surprise party to then get caught almost groping the finest woman at the party, especially when you actually know when your wife is arriving.

Still, he must be faster than Bruce Lee to get that T-shirt of that guy without him noticing and then to get that good a headstart.

Definitely the best advert out of Singapore in a long time.

I thought he made the better choice at the party :bsmilie:

Do you think? I think his wife is fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.