Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
A new star.
Evangeline.jpg

ok, when u will organize to shoot her? :):)

tmc17479 said:
Hmm... the space at the corner makes the whole picture feel empty.

Care to elaborate? Based on your comments in this section, you must be pretty good. Maybe can conduct some free training for newbies like me?

can't conduct lessons coz I'm nowhere near that level. :embrass:

Just my feel that the empty space is distracting me from the subject and stands out. mi 2 cents worth :D

The hands seem to mould with her right ear, making it seem very long. And the hair is very messy. Sorry, doesn't work for me.

I like the skin tone colour.
Did you do some ps on the shoulder?
Find the shoulder portion (between the head and the arm joint) a bit unnatural. Looks like elongated.

don't know about the empty space but i'm more distracted by the pose....looks very awkward, a bit unnatural. I tried putting myself in that position (but of course i'm more than twice her size ha...) very funny leh...maybe softer lights might help? or even a 3/4 head shot instead of a full one might be better? Just a thought. Pls ignore if don't make sense.

Thanks for comment. The makeup was done by our studio makeup artist. I had told her to use green eye shadow, dark pink lips, darken the nose bridge, etc. Model was sitting on a short chair. I asked her to smile with the lips, not to show the teeth. There were 3 studio flash used, 1 front light, 1 side light, and 1 hair light. I asked her to tilt one side to create the diagonal line, hence there is a blank space on the top right. (BTW, tms, appreciate your comment) The hands were supposed to create some shadow on the right face.
As some had pointed out, there were flaws:
- blank space on top
- messy hair
- hand and right ear merge together
- stiff face expression

Again, thanks. Hope can show you guys more photos when I have free time.

I do not see the effect of hair light on her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.