Star Wars Episode III Charity Gala premiere - tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquisio

May 16, 2005
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum here, but have been a freelancer for a while now and thought I might share this with you.

For those of you who are Star Wars fans, there will be a Charity Gala tonight at GV Grand - Great World City. I'm part of this event company who is doing character appearances for tonight's event. (In fact, I've been doing this every weekend of May in Orchard, some of you may have seen us outside Shaw, Cathay Cineleisure, M1 shops in Paragon).

There will be 12 characters tonight - Emperor Palpatine, Red Guards (x4), Darth Vader, 3xStormtroopers (i'm the tallest stormie), Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Luke Skywalker.

This will be a perfect opportunity for all who wants to take some photos. By the way, President Nathan will be there.

Actually I'm looking for someone who is gonna take some nice pics for us, and I would have done it myself if I wasn't in a Stormtrooper suit. Therefore, please SMS or MSN me if you are coming. And when you are there tonight, come and introduce yourself to me - Remember I'm the tallest stormtrooper with the shiniest armor - say that you are from clubsnap.

Details:
Venue: GV Grand, Great World City
Time: 6:45pm - 9:00pm (Bus will arrive with all characters going up the steps.)
My HP: 9388-5161
MSN: marcusklee@hotmail.com (I will not be online from 4pm onwards, as I gotta get suited up)

Great stuff Steve! Remember, tallest and shiniest Stormie. Click on the link below for some of the photos we had over the past 2 weekends.

http://myscififan.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=CostumesProps&action=display&num=1115300222

Yesterday, we attended the special early preview of Episode III (great movie! I cried at a few junctures! Honest!!!) and we had some photos with Ministers Vivan Balakrishnan (what a nice guy!!!) and George Yeo (really friendly guy as well!!!).

cheers!
Marcus

is it open to all for free? or do we need some special passes?
hiaz.. i didn bring my cam to work... if rush home and rush down dunno what time already..

The movie is obviously not open to all, but we will be posing for the crowd gathered. At this stage, I'm not sure about security though coz the President's gonna be there. But we'll be there from 7pm to 9pm posing for the crowd, so shouldn't be a problem. But I think you gotta fight your way through the press though. ;)

the characters are REAL characters as in the show???or wear mask one??

and the photos go to who? we keep then send u one copy?

Marquisio - aiyah!!! why post so late... din pack my camera along. :cry:

OT: any chance u folks doing a repeat performance?? think there are a few CSers asking (me included) for a star wars-theme shootout recently... :heart:

nightwolf75 said:

OT: any chance u folks doing a repeat performance?? think there are a few CSers asking (me included) for a star wars-theme shootout recently... :heart:
HEARHEAR! upppp!

nightwolf75 said:

Sigh.... I'd have brought my cam along if I noe of this as well.... :(

Ya, I should have posted this earlier. Sorry guys.

As for further character appearances, the best one is tonight. Until the end of May, we will have appearances on weekends but will be seperated, not so grand, and getting lesser, as the movie has already started.

Of course it's not the real actors here, but movie replica costumes. As for the photos, after you take them, we'll sort out how to post the pics, send them to me, etc..

I can't believe this - by the end of today, I would have seen Episode III TWICE(!!!) even before it hits the cinemas!! Oh, and it's a real pain watching the movie in costume - we gotta virtually strip off everthing before we can even sit down.

Marquisio said:
Ya, I should have posted this earlier. Sorry guys.

As for further character appearances, the best one is tonight. Until the end of May, we will have appearances on weekends but will be seperated, not so grand, and getting lesser, as the movie has already started.

Of course it's not the real actors here, but movie replica costumes. As for the photos, after you take them, we'll sort out how to post the pics, send them to me, etc..

I can't believe this - by the end of today, I would have seen Episode III TWICE(!!!) even before it hits the cinemas!! Oh, and it's a real pain watching the movie in costume - we gotta virtually strip off everthing before we can even sit down.

so if my understanding is correct, u guys will be walking around until 9pm? then e movie starts?

This just in - 20th Century Fox and the local media will be doing another event tomorrow evening, therefore there will be media coverage. I don't have the details as yet, but it should be at the same time and same place. However, there won't be so many characters, just Darth Vader, 2 Stormtroopers, and 2 Red Guards.

I'll post details of this later tonight (if I'm not too tired) or early tomorrow morning.

Thanks to the three quick responders - you guys have just been confirmed that you'll be joining the entourage tonight. Great job! The Force is strong in these ones.

Marquisio, be prepared..... You are going to be a very popular guy around here. :bsmilie: I'm guesssing that your PM box will be full shortly if it's not full already. :confused:

-steve

sigh..................... never bring camera out........ :(
lets see if i can rush down .. hee.. so u guys will b there till 9 ?

Yes, we'll be there, movie starts at 9pm.

hazekang said:
rushed home to grab my cam durin lunch!
so i guess i be shooting u later too :)
got free tix for the show or not?
WOW so ON....

hmm...... mayb rush home grab cam rite after work.. should reach there at 7+ 8.. still can shoot.. hee......

nightwolf75 said:

And Constance dressed as Princess Leia (outfit: as Slave of Jabba the Hutt) :lovegrin:

Petf69 said:
And Constance dressed as Princess Leia (outfit: as Slave of Jabba the Hutt) :lovegrin:

darn.... thanks hor... now i can't sleep at nite.... :bigeyes:

but, seriously tho... petf69 - u know any where can rent star wars outfits? then can really consider a leia shoot! :bsmilie: (to rephrase obi wan said of mos eisley - the shoot will attract every wretched scum and villainy in the universe!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.