Star Wars Episode 3


Status
Not open for further replies.

wilis128

New Member
Dec 13, 2003
878
0
0
#1
the date has been announced.. world-wide release May 2005.. one year from now..

what took them so long?? the last instalment was released in 2002!. :think:
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
45
singapore
www.larryloh.com
#2
erm, dude... or dudette (just to be PC), if you follow the history of SW, Lucas always releases his sequels 3 years in a row. EP1 was in 1999, EP2 was 2002, so no surprise EP3 is 2005.
 

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#5
watever it is, epsiode 4,5,6 will always be the best.... i'm a die hard fan of SW. but throughout the yrs of the new ones...seriously....nothing can be compared to those made in the 70's..... amazing. :p
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#6
jonlou said:
watever it is, epsiode 4,5,6 will always be the best.... i'm a die hard fan of SW. but throughout the yrs of the new ones...seriously....nothing can be compared to those made in the 70's..... amazing. :p
i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko' :bsmilie:
 

fastlane

New Member
Aug 30, 2003
47
0
0
45
Hougang
#7
Log on to the Star Wars website for the latest updates.
Yes, I enjoyed 4,5,6 more than 1 and 2. 1 and 2 too much CGI, too fake. Either that or our expectations have grown.
 

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#8
Belle&Sebastain said:
i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko' :bsmilie:
no doubt. although i was not borned during that era, when i watched it still, it was really, like u said, something magical abt it ah. :bsmilie: starwars fans became starwars fans becos of those, not the present ones. the overlydone CG and bad plots really killed the entire chain of starwars triliogy....lucas' getting old..... :think:
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#9
jonlou said:
no doubt. although i was not borned during that era, when i watched it still, it was really, like u said, something magical abt it ah. :bsmilie: starwars fans became starwars fans becos of those, not the present ones. the overlydone CG and bad plots really killed the entire chain of starwars triliogy....lucas' getting old..... :think:

and out of his mind!

i still cannot believe the title of EP1
 

quekky

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2003
1,400
0
0
www.irphotography.com
#10
Belle&Sebastain said:
i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko' :bsmilie:
CG? the orginal 4,5,6 dun have much CG. they edited it in only a few years later. eg, the orginal java is a human rather than what u see now
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#11
by and large, most SW fans agree that 4,5& 6, even tho not as flashy as 1&2, are classics due to a strong storyline. i've watched 1 and bits of 2. very disappointing lor... not storyline. i thot the romance bits got played a bit out of hand....

also, most of us know how the story will end. so, it sorta kills the anticipation of events when watching 1&2. :embrass:
 

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#12
nightwolf75 said:
by and large, most SW fans agree that 4,5& 6, even tho not as flashy as 1&2, are classics due to a strong storyline. i've watched 1 and bits of 2. very disappointing lor... not storyline. i thot the romance bits got played a bit out of hand....

also, most of us know how the story will end. so, it sorta kills the anticipation of events when watching 1&2. :embrass:
i think if someone says he's a diehard fan of SW, by my definition, if he starts to praise 1,2 and the upcoming 3, then he oughts to be slayed by the jedi council (old one).... seriously man. :nono:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#13
Episodes 1, 2 don't have as much 'rewatchability value' as Ep 4, 5 & 6.

But CG wise, the original trilogy pales in comparison. The Special Edition of Episode 4 killed much of the originality (especially the part when Hans Solo blasted away Greedo in the Cantina without breathing a word, it was pretty cool and matched his profile of a smuggler).

Vrong! Vrong!!! Expect lotsa Kodak moments when Star Wars Ep 3 opens next year. The Cosplay community will probably be out in full force. Photo-cum-movie outing anyone? ;)
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#14
Belle&Sebastain said:
i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko' :bsmilie:
Anyway, it's fun to see Yoda in action, rather den to hear him talk about the Force with all his principles and rules and how Obi-wan praised him as a 'master swordsman' when we dun even see him igniting his lightsaber in the first place.

Hell of an eye-opener. But the ending spoilt everything.... Although Anakin was unconscious, Obi-wan wasn't, I thought he could have deflected the falling pillar with his own powers. Kinda spoiled the show when the Master had to help the disciple push away a teeny-whiny pillar... :(
 

#16
Actually, there are a total of 9 episodes of for Star Wars series.

After the Emperor is defeated at Part 6 : Return of the Jedi;
on Part 7, the Republic is restore, Luke Skywalker set up the Jedi Acadamy, Jedi Knights was created, Princess Leia is pregant with 2 Jedi twins, but the Queen of darkness strike back to revenge the Emperor, and the story goes on....
 

justarius

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,226
0
36
Northeast
Visit site
#17
King Tiger said:
Actually, there are a total of 9 episodes of for Star Wars series.

After the Emperor is defeated at Part 6 : Return of the Jedi;
on Part 7, the Republic is restore, Luke Skywalker set up the Jedi Acadamy, Jedi Knights was created, Princess Leia is pregant with 2 Jedi twins, but the Queen of darkness strike back to revenge the Emperor, and the story goes on....
think this was the original plan of Lucas, to release 9 movies altogether, but I thought the 3 'sequels' are scrapped already?
 

wilis128

New Member
Dec 13, 2003
878
0
0
#19
justarius said:
think this was the original plan of Lucas, to release 9 movies altogether, but I thought the 3 'sequels' are scrapped already?
scrapped?? no worry, can ask john woo to take over the 3 sequels.. :bsmilie: :bheart:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom