idol_alicia_cs01_copy.jpg

idol_alicia_cs02_copy.jpg

idol_alicia_cs03_copy.jpg

idol_alicia_cs04_copy.jpg

idol_alicia_cs05_copy.jpg

For Alicia supporter...

eikin said:
:think: the shadows (especially in #1 and #2) kind of spoil the image
Well better than missed it right? That shadow was from the '933 DJ's mic...as the yare standing too close with video light side throw...

John Tan said:
Well better than missed it right? That shadow was from the '933 DJ's mic...as the yare standing too close with video light side throw...

a fill flash would have at least cut down the problem?

#1 is abit 'dai dai' look. maybe shock to see yr big cam, btw who is the dj?

eikin said:
Yes I do use direct flash...but can't beat the spotlight...

compro_1975 said:
#1 is abit 'dai dai' look. maybe shock to see yr big cam, btw who is the dj?
Just know 'he' is from FM933...U know any DJ?

I don't think he can do anything much lah, event shooting is unlike studio where u can arrange things according to your likings, I don't think u can ask the compere to shift the mic stand becos u wanted to take pictures.

He is using a 580EX already, I think there's not much thing u can do to counter a spotlight..:dunno:

eikin said:
:think: the shadows (especially in #1 and #2) kind of spoil the image

Kongo said:
I don't think he can do anything much lah, event shooting is unlike studio where u can arrange things according to your likings, I don't think u can ask the compere to shift the mic stand becos u wanted to take pictures.

He is using a 580EX already, I think there's not much thing u can do to counter a spotlight..:dunno:
Thanks bro...at least u r experience for events shooting...

All this talking about shadows, hands not in focus, not enough flash and so on.

What is the main aim of an event shoot? To capture that moment. Event shoots are not planned shot and you do not have FULL control of it. So far I have seen in most event shots that have surface in here are just below average. John is probably one of the most CONSISTENT event photographer I have seen in here.

If you all check on some of his photos posted, the sharpness, exposures, compositions and so on are well balance and controlled within his limits. Event like this has many elements that one photographer has to face. Such as existing spotlights, host/compere/MC, background and WB.

eikin said:

Please let us know how you counter that problem when you shoot an event the next time. We want to learn from a pro like you...

Pro Image said:
Please let us know how you counter that problem when you shoot an event the next time. We want to learn from a pro like you...

you are such a disappointment,

so we are not allowed to offer our views? all we should say is 'wow! nice nice!'

:dunno:

eikin said:

so we are not allowed to offer our views? all we should say is 'wow! nice nice!'

+1:thumbsup:

eikin said:

You are allowed of course. This is a free world.

It was your suggestion filling in the flash to tone down the shadow. As I said, if you are able to do that let us know.

I did not made any suggestion at all on what one should say. You just assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.