standing against time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgmx2

Jan 22, 2008
been to tangs ard mar and only recently i dug out this photo.
wanted to show tt depite how this place has been abandoned, nature continues to dwell in this place.
i composed the pic by manually placing the head beside the plant in front of the fallen statues.

i wanted to see how can i improve on pp-ing my pic.
comments and critics on composition, angle and such are also welcomed.

title: standing against time

2560082909_3dc2477cc4_b.jpg

I quite like the idea, though I have one question: which is your intended subject, the head or the plant?

i would have 2 say both

i would have 2 say both

I honestly would just prefer to have either the head or the plant in focus, and the other out of focus.

Between both, I think the plant being in focus is a more coherent choice with your title. The ruins can all be at the fore/rear ground and be out of focus.

I honestly would just prefer to have either the head or the plant in focus, and the other out of focus.

Between both, I think the plant being in focus is a more coherent choice with your title. The ruins can all be at the fore/rear ground and be out of focus.

oh i gt wad u mean, thx alot.

wow! this really hit me and i love this picture and how you use selective colouring to bring out the plant

i dont really find the focus of the head any distracting and i LOVE the light falloff

great picture imo!

gee. standing in time? i love this. hmmm... maybe you can try not to B/W the head.

i like this too :)

when i was looking at this picture a couple of captions came to mind on how in the midst of the abandonment of the place as suggested by the thrown down statues and severed statue head, the young plant suggests a new beginning.

maybe 'hope/life springs eternal'

..or 'a new age dawns for xxx (name of place)'

I agreed with all. I like the contrast... to me it is the dead and the alive!

Very nice picture. But I will very much rather have the head also out of focus, that will bring more impact to the "new life" effect.

Also i dont think having 2 points of subject competing for attention in the picture is my cup of tea.

Again, 8.5 out of 10 for idea. 7 out of 10 for picture cos of the 2 points of focus. All in all a very "artistic" kinda pic.

If based on your title, I would have prefered the plant to be bigger and in focus since it is this that is still standing, with the background including the head that is OOF.

a bigger plant will bring out more feel

Status
Not open for further replies.