Standard Chartered Marathon on 5 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
anyone taking part in the marathon, whether it is 1/4, 1/2 or full marathon?

I've entered the half-marathon but injury (achilles) will probably prevent me running this year. My gf will be running the whole 42km and is aiming for less than 3 hours this year!!

i admire all runners, in particular, full marathoners.

Standard Chartered one is full marathon if i'm not wrong, v admire whoever can complete, i'm old liao lol~

I did the full marathon once two years ago, and then the registration fee was only S$12. Finished in 3.5 hours, ranked 43th in men's open group :D

But now they asking for S$50 (early birds) and S$75 (later registration) :eek: I can use that amount of money to buy a 67mm B+W filter. That's why I didn't register this year's marathon, but bought me another 67mm B+W filter :bsmilie:

I'll probably go there to shoot those runners on Sunday.

Cheers!

chenwei said:
Standard Chartered one is full marathon if i'm not wrong, v admire whoever can complete, i'm old liao lol~

Was contemplating doing the full marathon myself with my dad but decided to go shoot it instead, btw, my dad is 53 ;) :bsmilie:

Ehhh I'll use eye power and watch you all run k? I'll even offer to hold your cameras for you and pass them back to you at the finishing point.

Ehhhhh serious!!!!

:bsmilie:

Phildate said:
I've entered the half-marathon but injury (achilles) will probably prevent me running this year. My gf will be running the whole 42km and is aiming for less than 3 hours this year!!

less than 3hrs, is your gf a national runner?

fengwei said:
I did the full marathon once two years ago, and then the registration fee was only S$12. Finished in 3.5 hours, ranked 43th in men's open group :D

But now they asking for S$50 (early birds) and S$75 (later registration) :eek: I can use that amount of money to buy a 67mm B+W filter. That's why I didn't register this year's marathon, but bought me another 67mm B+W filter :bsmilie:

Cheers!

if you took part last year, this year you paid ONLY $27+ for early birds

Gd timings for 3.5hrs! I am aiming 4.5hrs this year.
:bigeyes:

Me taking part this year, this is my first attempt at the full 42km. Hope i can finish in 6 hours cos so far only train up to 30km, decide to walk the rest 12km :sweat:

fengwei said:

Cheers!

Wow, i didn't know u can run.

less than 3hrs, is your gf a national runner

Not yet - but she won the Shears Bridge Half Marathon and is going for Boston Marathon. She came 3rd in Singapore marathon last year.

Going for my first, and possibly last marathon, just to prove that I can do it. Target 5hrs.

Good luck to you!! :)

evq said:
Wow, i didn't know u can run.

Yeah, I can run, not fast, but can run for a looonnngggg time. My best time for a full marathon is 3 hours 24 min :D I did that four years ago in L.A. California. ;)

I'd have joined this year's if the reg fee was lower than S$30.

Cheers!

Phildate said:
Not yet - but she won the Shears Bridge Half Marathon and is going for Boston Marathon. She came 3rd in Singapore marathon last year.

so that's your girl, eh?

i barely overtook her with about 1km to go for the Army Half Marathon this year, she was confused when she asked me how much further it was to the finishing line :bsmilie:

she wants to crack 3 hours? uh, i think it's gonna be an uphill task. the AHM was like, late september, and she took about 1:41 (if i remember correctly), how can she finish TWICE the distance in under twice the time, remembering that it's another 21k thrown in?

nevertheless, all the best to her :)

p.s. i'm old already, only did a 3:16 back in 2000... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.