Stand your ground

azure11

Oct 18, 2010
I found this interesting video from another forum, and would like to share it with cs' street photographers.

[video=youtube;FJH9F7Hcluo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJH9F7Hcluo[/video]

There have been a lot of threads asking about such rights and laws, but I think this video is pretty intriguing, documenting the kind of situations we might run into in pursuit of our passion and hobby.

And also not applicable to Singapore, as we do not have the same laws as the UK.

So the conclusion from similar threads is also the same that SG Law =/= UK Law?

But I think only besides the "subversion" part, it's pretty much the same.

also.. singaporeans tend to be more anal about having their pictures taken on the street.

kei1309 said:
also.. singaporeans tend to be more anal about having their pictures taken on the street.

That day I was taking street pg in little india, capturing deepavali mood.

Singtel had a big tent in a public car park, promoting their value cards to foreign workers. So there was long queue of customers, and singtel even had a free barber service. I was curious as ever, took pics of the barber snipping the hair.

Then a singtel gal came over and questioned me, asked whether did I take
Pic of the tent. I told her I only took pic of the barber. She asked again and again. I almost flare up. Lucky I kept cool and walked away.

I already have the mind to write to singtel and complain about the staff's attitude.

A video about filming in restricted places. Not exactly photography but related.

[video=youtube;YrSPZFINmZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSPZFINmZw[/video]

Singapore aunties are not shy.

In fact some are quite hot.

CuteOldWomenWithSunglasses.jpg

Singtel had a big tent in a public car park, promoting their value cards to foreign workers. So there was long queue of customers, and singtel even had a free barber service. I was curious as ever, took pics of the barber snipping the hair.

Pic of the tent. I told her I only took pic of the barber. She asked again and again. I almost flare up. Lucky I kept cool and walked away.

I already have the mind to write to singtel and complain about the staff's attitude.

haha why complain?

you're just showcasing another thing: Singaporeans are anal about everything that happens to them

take a chill pill bro :bsmilie:

Myabe she wants you to shoot her? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

those photographers are creating un-necessary troubles. those security personals are just doing their duties. give them a break. God, now we know why people hate photographers.

donut88 said:

There is nothing she or stinktel can do to stop u. You are on public area shooting nothing that concerns national security.

So how is Singapore law different? If shooting on public space, and security call mata, will they stop you?

I think that its rude to take pictures of others (as in the main subject and not as background)without them agreeing. I wont like it. Your pictures can be use anywhere with a subject heading that tells a different story and damage your image. Think stomp....:thumbsd: What you think is ok doesn't mean it has to be ok for others ;)

I think that its rude to take pictures of others (as in the main subject and not as background)without them agreeing. I wont like it. Your pictures can be use anywhere with a subject heading that tells a different story and damage your image. Think stomp....:thumbsd: What you think is ok doesn't mean it has to be ok for others ;)

that's why there are many self-conscious people in singapore.. seriously, there's only so much you can do to keep your public image squeaky clean.

if who you are in public and in private are two separate personalities, then i can only say that you're a pretty fake person.

singaporeans should stop being so paranoid that everyone's out to damage their reputation

that is why we have a law that allows us to sue for defamation if any image or likeliness of us are used without permission or compensation in a commercial venture, right?

of coz, if it's newsworthy photo, tough luck.

but seriously, in singapore (that i know of), there are some super kiasu ppl lor. like that singtel thingy...taking a photo of the tent is a serious national security problem? really? singtel can don like it, but they cant force ppl or ask ppl not to take photos of them....the street does not belong to them! and they are not the gahmen who police the streets!

snap away ppl!