ISO Setting : 100
Exposure : Shutter Priority
Focal Length : 130mm

20/10/2007 12.17PM
Bugis Waterfoutain

Canon EOS 400D
Lens : Canon 75 - 300mm

Area wished to be critique in: Editing skills and Framing

(trying hard to get a lil old-ish feel in the picture. like some lost memory. didnt manage to get it anyway.
and maybe a crop that would be wayy suitable for this scene? suggestions?)

Hopes for this piece of work: Mother daughter bond. simple as that. but with a touch of the old memory feeling.

What I think of this shot: One of my greatest shot. A nice milestone.​

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
I dont see the mother standing thou :bsmilie: just joking...

I like the concept. Framing-wise nothing much to comment. What were you shooting in front of?

Not everyone will like the blue cast as it brings out the 'coldness' of the shot when the theme if your pic should be a warm one.

Perhaps, the shot will command stronger attention if we could see the eyes of of the mum and daughter

JoyxSoul

Nov 3, 2006
Yishun ~!
hahaa, framed the shot through the water being shot from the fountain.
hmm the blue tint cast was sorta meant for the water. kinda wanted to be a hmm, far away memory. but i kinda refuse to go b/w. totally hurts the water.
as for the eys factor. yeah agreed. but ohwell. the girl's eyes are pretty small.

Oct 9, 2007
wow.. i like it. This is the kind of shot that stands out from regular ones. :]

hmm... i don't know if i'm just seeing things.......... or is there a face in the circle on the top left corner?

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
i like it, great framing and having the mother spot on in that peekaboo

colour wise i'm not too up for it but nevertheless the picture is well taken!!

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
it is indeed, as others have mentioned, a departure from the norm, and a very nice attempt

still the way you have handled the colors is bad. the bluish cast does not serve to give out any nostalgia vibes

blue casts are typically associated with solitude, aloneness, at least that's what i feel, especially when you tone a monochrome picture with it

here, sepia and desaturation might work to give the feel you want. in any case, i wanted to try a desaturation but have no idea how to remove the color cast you have induced; so i just did a gradient map, some minor tweaks to exposure, and grain:

actually i think possibly the grain is not necessary :dunno:

JoyxSoul

Nov 3, 2006
Yishun ~!
wow!
i love the desaturated one!
anyway, haha i cant seem to figure out what's the thing at the top left hand corner. but ti doesnt look rather bubble-ish and cool though ahha soo i didnt clone it away.

haha well the grain did give the old-ish feel i was looking for! thanks ahah.

thanks for comments people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom