Stairway to heaven (Last shot of "Choices")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
A theme probably shot to death by many before me... but here is my take nonetheless. Compiled it as a part of the series together with my previous "Choices" post here in Critique Corner.

I wanted to invoke a certain feel of uncertainty... "Should I walk through those doors. Or should I not..." . How does this shot work for you? Does it make you stop and ponder for a moment to reflect?

choices5.jpg

The full story - Choices

very nice shot. perhaps can choose higher steps? the steps are a little narrow, higher steps will give a stronger sense of climb

will be very cool if there is a small silhouette of a man or someone there :p but its just my little imagination

Thanks. The steps appeared narrow because I shot from a low angle. It actually is quite high in real life, maybe 1.5x the height of the steps on a standard HDB.

Will keep your suggestion in mind when I next shoot one of these subjects. :)

A pair of unlaced boots at the top would be nice.

I gotta say you made the right choice in displaying this in BW but have you consider that a stronger light source coming from beyond the door and overflowing into the stairwell might be what this image is begging for ….a light so strong that it compelled the viewer to either move towards and embrace it or withdraw in the face of uncertainty.

"Should I walk through those doors. Or should I not..." . How does this shot work for you? Does it make you stop and ponder for a moment to reflect?

Sorry bros....it does not conjure any thoughts other than a door at the top of the stairs.

Thanks Bcool :)

Will consider visiting this place again just to wait for the right sun position to have the light flooding in from the doorway.

Hope you don't mind me mucking around with your photo.
My feeble attempts in photoshop produced this......
choices5copy.jpg

Say the word and I will have it remove.
Thanks.

Tks Pablo. But I can't seem to quite picture the image with the boots. Heh.

Hi Yatlapball,

I thought of a better twist to the boots for you that might add to why the boots are there at the very top step.

Get 2 small tiles and put one in each of the boots. Put 1 or 2 lit incense cones on the tiles inside the boots.

Take a shot with the smoke rising from within the boots.

Someone has been zapped into the "what ever is out there" :bsmilie:

Just my view :)

hey bro,

looks really cool. ;-p

cld i check with u where did u take this pic?

Thanks. This was taken at Taman Sari (Water Castie) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. You can google it for more information on the place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.