Stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

Stairwell.jpg

Comments appreciated :)

Hi Ron, I like your photo here. I modified it abit, somewhat like an artist style I know (his name is Rocky Schenck). A bit darker, slightly diffused.

13685Stairwell_mod.jpg

kernel said:
Hi Ron, I like your photo here. I modified it abit, somewhat like an artist style I know (his name is Rocky Schenck). A bit darker, slightly diffused.
cool aging effect!! :thumbsup:

could you share which software you had used to do this... the magic of digital processing!!!

Nothing special really. Done in PS.

Essentially I like to darken the photo, but retain the highlight on the handle and lighter area below the stairs.

First add a curve layer, adjust to make it darker, while retaining highlight.

Further fine tune the photo by dodging & burning it. You can do this in many ways, but I choose to select all>copy merger>paste to a new layer. Then I create another new layer with overlay mode and select fill with 50% grey. I will use brush at 10% opacity to burn (select black) or dodge (select white) on the new layer. Sorry, I hope it is clear. I am lousy at explaining.

Finally I duplicate the layer and apply gaussian blur to it. I adjust the opacity of this layer to my taste.

kernel said:
Nothing special really.... First add a curve layer... make it darker, while retaining highlight... dodging (50% grey, 10% brush) & burning (white)... apply gaussian blur... adjust the opacity of this layer.
thanks for sharing, dude!!!... someone should create a "one-touch" button for this!!! hahaha!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.