Staircase Beating

Status
Not open for further replies.
ideally kids r taught d rite values when they r still young (like abt 2yrs old). jus watch Super Nanny & u'll kno y. if wait till things get out-of-hand than address d prob its either a lot harder or even too late.

yqt said:
Agreed with you to a certain extend. It really depands on how out of control the child is.
I'm a parent myself, if this have happen to my children I'll have to ask my wife and myself:
1) is my child really out of control ?
2) is he/she a danger to others or her siblings ?
3) would reporting her to the police help in any way?
4) what would be the possibility of something like this happening again ?
5) is there any other way I can help her without her having a police record ?

We have to understand that sometime children do things without thinking of the consequence. It may seem "cool" to them at that time, peer pressure, just for the fun of it, or even just at the heat of the moment. Though I've posted the above 5 points, if something like this is to happen to my kids ( touch wood ), I'm not sure if I'll really do the right thing. But if she is really a danger to anyone and chances are this will happen again, than I guess I'll have no choice but to do something drastic about. Options may be to seek the help of the police to educate her ( get a policeman to talk to her and warn her about her actions ), arrange for her to visit a boy's/girl's home ( this kind of tour have been done before ), etc.

Sorry if my posting here are rather long, but things like this pulls a heartstring in me, I am after al, l a parent with small kids.

uncle, i think i also agree with jsbn & u... but afterall, i think 1 kind of rice feed 100 kind of person...

i think not all parents will be like you who do soul searching. else we will not have that much delinquents and watever.... there will be no formation of gangs, no fights, nothing... its just u love me, i love u... then on came the genetics law... blah blah blah...

u love me, i love u den the whole world will be at peace!

Woo hoo~~~~~~

At times, we try to stay on the optimistic path, holding an ideal, a ray of hope that there's warmth and love in the world.

But much as there's still a degree of warmth and love in the world, we must not neglect the fact that the other 1/2 of the world is basked in a bitterly cold winter rivalling that perhaps to the Planet Pluto at absolute zero Kelvin where no amount of warmth can penetrate the river of frozen oxygen, methane and every single terresterial & extra-terresterial gas there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.