stains after cleaning

corp25

Feb 20, 2010
i know this may sound abit stupid or so

ok

whenever i clean my lens with alcohol drops then slowly wipe it with a microfiber cloth.. there is always a stain or like a smudge left behind after the alcohol dry.. i'm not sure what is it.. it always happen.. is it the alcohol that i'm using

as the cleaning liquid came along with the cleaning kit and there isn't anything stated on the bottle except discription on how to use it. i know its alcohol due to its smell..

or should i use distilled water instead?

and 1 more question..

do i use liquid to clean the shutter mirror. or i just wipe it with just microfiber cloth

I prefer to use the lenspen.
No liquid/alcohol, no fuss cleaning :)

Just blow away dust with a good blower & wipe softly with the microfibre cloth will do. No need to use alcohol. Your lens is multicoated, in the long run, alcohol is no good.
And PLEASE don't touch the mirror!!! Just use the blower will do ;)

well the thing is that.. i still have sort of liek water marks on my lens after cleaning so how do i deal with that?

Errr, did you apply the alcohol drops onto the lens directly first then wipe, or onto the microfibre cloth first then apply?

Please clarify and verify.

Last edited:
well the thing is that.. i still have sort of liek water marks on my lens after cleaning so how do i deal with that?
You sure its on the surface & not inside?

I didn't know we could use alcohol on lenses. Hmm... :think:

If you want to take a drunk shot ....................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Err.. no thanks, for those arty farty photos with multiple distortions :bheart:

Errr, did you apply the alcohol drops onto the lens directly first then wipe, or onto the microfibre cloth first then apply?

Please clarify and verify.

If i really need to use cleaning solution...no no to drop on lens. Drop on a micro cloth then wipe away in circle pattern, And remember to blow 1st before a wipe.

i know this may sound abit stupid or so
whenever i clean my lens with alcohol drops then slowly wipe it with a microfiber cloth.. there is always a stain or like a smudge left behind after the alcohol dry.. i'm not sure what is it.. it always happen.. is it the alcohol that i'm using

I know exactly what you are talking about. From what I can tell the smudge left behind is oils from the microfiber cloth (from your fingers touching it) or that have collected on the lens.

If the lens is really dirty I like using the Lens Cleaning fluid with a cloth first then a Lens Pen after to clean up the streaking that it leaves behind.

use a wet cloth to wipe the lens then use a dry cloth to dry it?

stop using alcohol and switch to lens pen instead. :)

could u're microfibre cloth be dirty in the first place....

and 1 more question..
do i use liquid to clean the shutter mirror. or i just wipe it with just microfiber cloth
You don't want to touch the mirror with anything, be it dry or wet. Use a blower if necessary. Keep in mind that the mirror flips up when the picture is taken. Whatever tiny bits of dust might be on the mirror - it simply doesn't matter at all.
Stop being obsessed with cleaning. Similar, dust on front element doesn't matter for your pictures. Blow away, enough. If you need to clean your lens from stains or finger prints you might want to learn being more careful and getting a lens hood.

I was concerned about the smearing after cleaning. But it dissappeared after a few days.

alright.. point taken and noted..

and as the smudges dissappered today as i just checked it again..

alright.. no no to alcohol, just use microfiber cloth and lens pen.. thank you guys!.. anyway its my 2nd time uing alcohol.. so i guess it shouldn't be much of damage right??

Hi All, I'm a newbie to m43 camera..

My butterfinger touch against the lens and there is oil stain on the lens. I wipe dry with microcloth and it doesn't work. So I use Lens tissue with a drop of lens cleaning fluid. Oil stain is gone.

But there are white specks of dust on the len surface. I tried to use the air blower but it doesn't seems to work. :cry: It seems like stubborn white specks that have to be remove by force? Any remedy?
Does warranty covers cleaning?