Stacking Lenses For A Super-Tele?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirika

Aug 18, 2007
Fitting a reversed lens to your on-body lens will allow for greater magnifications. What would happen if you somehow managed to stack a lens (pointing the right way) on top of another? Will that result in a super tele? Of course, I don't seriously expect it to be usable, but I'm curious about the results.

No ,it will not happen that way ,my dear friend .

What happens if you do, though? Just get a blurry mess?

Fitting a reversed lens to your on-body lens will allow for greater magnifications. What would happen if you somehow managed to stack a lens (pointing the right way) on top of another? Will that result in a super tele? Of course, I don't seriously expect it to be usable, but I'm curious about the results.

The Optical physics does not allow that even if you can work around the mount to filter thread issue.

Look at the size of the rear vs the front of the lenses

Maybe some expert can shed light on this issue by drawing a light-ray diagram and what happens ;p

Hmm let me digress, you can put a binoculars infront of ur lens, it will work. I tried before.

Another words ,we can only do with 'customised' lenses for the front(telephoto lens converter) or the rear(teleconverter).

Status
Not open for further replies.