stabilizing feet for monopod

tiago

Mar 9, 2011
hi, is there any standalone feet that can be attached to a sirui monopod? i see some brands have a built in stabilizing feet that is part of the monopod. but since i already have a normal monopod, i was wondering if there is an add on stabilizing feet available.

Thanks for the suggestion. I need something that can stand by itself. Coz I want to make it as a flash stand.

There are these products:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3...-Holder-Support-For-DSLR-Camera-/281268339712
http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-678-Monopod-Universal-Folding/dp/B00017LRF4

But no idea if they'll fit your sirui. In any case, they may not be stable enough to be used as a flash stand, will still tend to sway. Worse if you are planning to use any modifiers. Might be better off getting a cheap light stand for $30-$40.

Thanks for the suggestion. I need something that can stand by itself. Coz I want to make it as a flash stand.

Get a proper flash tripod then. Stop trying to save money by buying some flimsy contraption (built in or other wise) to fit to your existing monopod to double as a stand. Some years back, a friend of mine bought what he thought was a money saver solution to holding his flash. The attachment has 3 outstretch leg that open to a radius of 1 feet. It is attached at the bottom of the monopod. How stable it was in comparison to a flash tripod with it's 3 legs spread to almost 3 feet wide, you can guess which was more stable for your flash right at the top of your monopod.

Cut the story short... his Speedlight 900/pocket wizard flash trigger are history when he accidentally gave the monopod a slight bump and fell over while he was shooting. One cheap solution = One $750 est dollar pocket burn.

there is different between a light stand and tripod,

most light stand allow you to rise the light above the head, cos the light come from higher angle will look more natural.
and most tripod and monopod don't go so tall.

just get a proper light stand, even the China Made light stands are so cheap and available everywhere, make no sense to DIY light stand any more.

Cut the story short... his Speedlight 900/pocket wizard flash trigger are history when he accidentally gave the monopod a slight bump and fell over while he was shooting. One cheap solution = One $750 est dollar pocket burn.

Ouch. Classic case of penny wise, pound foolish :bsmilie: