Stabiliser

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastic

Deregistered
Aug 19, 2004
In A Suitcase
This is a pic of the stabiliser on the top of Taipei 101 building...

taipei101_stabiliser.jpg

wow... only seen this in Discovery before. they let you in to visit? it is actually state of the art in civil engineering!

When you pay the $$$ to go up to 101, you can actually walk into the stabiliser room and see this structure. Very impressive. Computer controlled. I am hoping to see it in action during typhoon season and feel the sway. Unlike Pertronas Twin Towers, you hardly feel the sway during strong winds. That is why I am hoping that they are open during typhoon season... that would be fun!

I'm very sure it can withstand any typhoon.....just like HK's Tsing Ma Bridge :)

cookiez said:
I'm very sure it can withstand any typhoon.....just like HK's Tsing Ma Bridge :)

While the bridge supposedly can withstand the typhoon, it is still closed when there is strong winds... so even though the strong winds may not take the bridge down, the bridge is not useable when there are strong winds.... whereas, I am hoping that the tower will allow visitors to see, from a high point, the chaos that is happening down below when the strong winds hits... that would be interesting... though we will be too high to see anything clearly...

plastic said:
This is a pic of the stabiliser on the top of Taipei 101 building...

taipei101_stabiliser.jpg

Great shot. Better if you could peep below and take underneath

err may i know how big it is? i can't really see the depth of the whole picture. and i really don't know how big it is. can give me a rough idea? lol this thing looks interesting.

Koelsch said:
err may i know how big it is? i can't really see the depth of the whole picture. and i really don't know how big it is. can give me a rough idea? lol this thing looks interesting.

I think its about 7-10 metres across. Its a massive structure. I was standing like 5-6m away from it, my 28mm could only take this much.

Status
Not open for further replies.