Stabilised Tamron 17-50mm...is it a big thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
any users have this lens now care to comment?

I would like to know also. Just joining the bandwagon.

Is it available on the street now? Price?

There's another thread on it.. about $800 in m'sia.

There's another thread on it.. about $800 in m'sia.
Nikon mount iirc.

Great for Nikon user as Nikkor 17-55mm F2.8 does not have VR right?

don't think that the price is right ! RM800/- converted to S$ makes it even cheaper than the current lens without the VC. Get me a dozen (or maybe 2 dozen) and I will peddle it on the BnS at S$600/- a pop.

The one without VR is selling at around $620 locally.
Will be quite worth it if the VR version is around $800.

convert to SG is pretty affordable..

don't think that the price is right ! RM800/- converted to S$ makes it even cheaper than the current lens without the VC. Get me a dozen (or maybe 2 dozen) and I will peddle it on the BnS at S$600/- a pop.

Think he meant after conversion is around SGD800.
If i remember correctly the price of the lens in the malaysia website is RM1900++.

For SGD$800 I'd think its quite a good buy, considering that the older version has some compatibility issues with my D80. Lets hope that the same issue would not follow up with this new lens.

You think?

For SGD$800 I'd think its quite a good buy, considering that the older version has some compatibility issues with my D80. Lets hope that the same issue would not follow up with this new lens.

You think?
I am guessing there might have been changes made (improvements?) since the filter size is 72mm.

even at $800, still considerably cheaper then a 17-55mm. If the 17-50 is an improvement optically even over the 28-75...should sell very easily.

apparantly in Msia, ttheir non VC one dropped in price, from rm 1600 to rm1400 or smt. the big big difference in the VC vers isnt the VC. Its the improved AF speed and improved build quality.

MS told me it should arrive end of the month or start of next week.

For those who dont wanna wait, east msia has it already. Mee Too photo still dont have it.

Seems that there's still no reviews of it yet..

I am guessing there might have been changes made (improvements?) since the filter size is 72mm.

even at $800, still considerably cheaper then a 17-55mm. If the 17-50 is an improvement optically even over the 28-75...should sell very easily.

I meant, proper, detailed reviews with sharpness, CA, distortion, light falloff analysis.. something like the photozone, dpreview etc.. type.. not casual user reviews lah..

The listed casual user reviews already appeared on other threads..

I think it would be a big thing. If the performance and ergonomics are good, it can definitely compete in the market of the Nikkor 17-55 and Canon EF-S 17-55 IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.