ST Forum : Don't burn so much hell money

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Aug 30, 2007

Don't burn so much hell money - how about fund transfers from the living to the dead?

I AM concerned over the poor air quality during the Chinese seventh month.
I understand and respect the fact that a huge proportion of our citizens place importance in the burning of hell money as a form of respect to their ancestors and deities.

However, with the current global emphasis on saving the environment, I see a pressing need to make some suggestions.

In our mortal world, we now have credit cards, cheques and several forms of remittances (SWIFT and telegraphic transfers). I appeal to religious leaders, whose followers practise the burning of hell money, to study the implications of alternative hell fund transfers.

I see these alternatives as a win-win situation for the living and the deceased. The latter stand to receive an infinite amount of hell funds with the mere burning of say, one hell cheque or one hell credit card, thus saving a whole stack of paper from the bonfire, or the religious leaders could run a form of remittance facility. With the technological advances that we now have, I am confident that where there's a will, there's a way.

It is timely to set a good example to our younger generation to practise what we have been preaching to other nations struggling to curb the slash-and-burn method to clear jungles and forests and that is, to reduce, to reuse and to recycle.

Lai Ee Sa (Mdm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source : ST Forum link

i agree on the point of not polluting the air. I fear for my future generation...

:sweat: :bsmilie:

You do know that her entire writeup is dribbling thick with religious bigotry or slur right?

Can she or anyone back that up with numbers to acertain how much of the "burning" has contributed to pollution during this period, over the entire world,over the years with projection into the future...and all this in comparison to other forms of burning or wastage or usage that produces pollution that is more or less dangerous to people practicing their religion of payingt homage to their dearly departed?

Lai Ee Sa said:
I see these alternatives as a win-win situation for the living and the deceased. The latter stand to receive an infinite amount of hell funds with the mere burning of say, one hell cheque or one hell credit card......

I advise against burning Hell Credit Cards. Sekali they overspend you have to pay like hell. :)

You do know that her entire writeup is dribbling thick with religious bigotry or slur right?

Can she or anyone back that up with numbers to acertain how much of the "burning" has contributed to pollution during this period, over the entire world,over the years with projection into the future...and all this in comparison to other forms of burning or wastage or usage that produces pollution that is more or less dangerous to people practicing their religion of payingt homage to their dearly departed?

i think most of the "complainers" to ST Forum, usually don't preview their post, before actually posting. Haaa

I don't think she meant to be religiously offending, could have been her oversight based on her enthusiasm in protecting the earth. :)

I wouldnt comment about the comments that followed her post...the whole thing got me in stitches liao. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Instead of folding the paper to look like the gold ingot, people would be spending the time buying pens and writing all the zeros on the hell cheques, the "currency" is inflated enough as it is.

It's 2007.

I'm sure they're nicely cabled up down there; all we need to do is transfer the money over.

I'm joking of course. ;p

The pollution caused by burning hell money, is very insignificant compared to our neighbours burning their forestation, and/or burning of fossil fuel. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think you sound very believable.

They email how much fund to transfer over? :bsmilie:

They couldn't afford a dual-core PC and requested I burn one over - naturally I refused. :p

Singapore should ban burning altogether, like how they removed all rubbish bins to prevent terrorism. All burning,smoking,barbeque,everything to do with fire that creates smoke should be banned, so no more air pollution. Just need to wait for some cleber person who can make this important decision which will improve our country and perhaps the world!

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Singapore should ban burning altogether, like how they removed all rubbish bins to prevent terrorism. All burning,smoking,barbeque,everything to do with fire that creates smoke should be banned, so no more air pollution. Just need to wait for some cleber person who can make this important decision which will improve our country and perhaps the world!

So what are we going to do with all these nice cars?

And for that matter all the ERP gantries...

No fireworks also?

Why don't just write more zer0s on ONE note instead?
Better than burning a hell lot of small notes rite?

Want to change religious practices?
That's almost as hard as moving a mountain, not saying that's impossible though.

i think u all dun catch the joke of the complain... those who do...shhh...those who do not...go read the followup comments in the link. :bsmilie:

I can't believe she can thought of such idea and saying it's a win-win situation for the living and the deceased. Wonder if her mind is ok.
If she really want to push this idea, first she has to convince her idea to the hell king to see wether he accept her idea or not and she better apply for patent in case someone else or some good brother down there steal her idea.
Then she has to work with those shop who produce those paper credit cards.:bsmilie:
Wah, there's lots of process you know.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.