ST: 'Don't mess with royalty' when in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royalty dun behave like gangsters, they are more well mannered.

Max 2.8 said:
Royalty dun behave like gangsters, they are more well mannered.
Some "Royalty" are worse than Gangsters, as least gangster sometime do reasoning :sweat:

There's a proverb, "When the Emperor commits murder, he's liable to be executed as well."

But maybe due to cultural differences, they probably don't subscribe to the proverb.

I guess it does not only applies to Singaporeans but even to the Malaysians.

Anyone remembers more than 10 years back when one of the Malaysian Sultans was in the news for beating a Malaysian hockey coach?

Also just recently, a Malaysian prince messed up and caused havoc to a Brazilian's wedding reception in an island resort.

How does the royalty expect their people or even foreigners to respect them if they behave like this?

I read that a "royalty" sped his imported out of Port Klang without even stopped to pay import duties.

There are 11 states in Malaysia amd each with its own sultans and wives and families. Now that amounts to a lot of royalty members. And you don't know who they are.

Mahathir successfully came up against them limiting their protected commercial activites.

I would be careful if I see red carpet laid down in a hotel or golf course when I visit Malaysia. There is a roylty member around somewhere.

from what I heard last time in certain states, if you see a car with number plate with number like "1", better be careful when drive around/pass them. As most of the owners are "royalty", not sure true or not though. :sweat:

Will Dr. Chee say 'don't mess with royalty' when in singapore?

guess it is same all over, just how we define it.

This is real life. we have to accept it. We cant beat them. never ever. You hire a lawyer, they have a dozen QC ready. You will be made a bankrupt for sure.

There are similar Version every where in the world. If I'm given power, I would make sure all Canon L lens are affordable to every photographers. Swee boh?

No choice...a lot of the road still name after Sultan and Tun.....so it's probably their father's or grandfather's :dunno:

The royal family up north is very well protected. Most of them are above the law either because they are the Sultan ( whom only the Royal Council, or something like that, can deal with them ) or because the police/people are too afraid to offend the family members least they go home and complain to "daddy".

DeSwitch said:
There are similar Version every where in the world. If I'm given power, I would make sure all Canon L lens are affordable to every photographers. Swee boh?
When u are in power, can you also make sure that we Nikon user can afford the VR lens as well?

Oh well, it's a barbaric place up north :sweat: Royalty rules? Let them dream on. Politicians rule :bsmilie:

Klose said:
Oh well, it's a barbaric place up north :sweat: Royalty rules? Let them dream on. Politicians rule :bsmilie:
Nobody rules in this world, not even the politicians as they are all engaged in a deadly game of chess. To serve themselves, to further their own interests and to score points with the people so that they can stay in power longer to stretch whatever resources they have in this game of chess.

"There is no pure altruism". Or so the saying goes. Unless the chap's a Saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.