St. Andrew Cathedral

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Do kindly comment. Picture was taken using ILFord XP2.
The link is removed!

OK, I give up!
I'm not going to post any pic here again! :(

Does it mean that you need to be "someone" before members here willing to comment on your work? :dunno:

Relax lah..... The pic is nice.... Just didn't know what to comment.... I like it though. I always wanted to shoot at the church, didn't get myself to do it.

Don't stop posting ... Taking photo is for self-fulfilment, posting is for fun, comments .... er.... no comments.

I think CNY everybody has been busy..... and everybody is someone...

Will comment on your pics the next time you post... just don't complian about the quality of the comment.... hope I don't have to be someone to comment..

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Originally posted by scanner
OK, I give up!

Does it mean that you need to be "someone" before members here willing to comment on your work? :dunno:

Thanks for your kind comment, PentiumPC.
However, it not been the 1st time I've been trying to post here.
Hopefully to get some comments on my work, so that I can improve.
It doesn't matter if the comment(s) are harsh, it helps one to look at different perspective of a good shot.

Happy Chinese New Year to you as well. :)

Thanks for your kind comment, PentiumPC.
However, it not been the 1st time I've been trying to post here.
Hopefully to get some comments on my work, so that I can improve.
It doesn't matter if the comment(s) are harsh, it helps one to look at different perspective of a good shot.

Happy Chinese New Year to you as well. :)
errr..
due to fast moving treads.. by the time I see this, no pic liao?

OK, I give up!

hey pal..dun give up... me also post pix in here...but no 1 seems to leave comments..i will never give up...:D keep posting man...

erm scanner, it might be cos of CNY and the reunion dinner thing, fewer people logging on?

anyway, nice monochrome pix! very Gothic feel, esp with the shadows of the trees on the front arches. half expecting a gargoyle to jump out somewhere. the area of darkness in the middle is a bit off-putting though IMHO. if this is a long exposure, can experiment with blind-firing your flash at the dark spots...

my humble 2 cents... :D

imho very nicely composed shot. do u have the colored version or u took in b/w format? anyway dun stop posting lah fren. i'm oso new here. some of my pics r critiqued but some r not. its ok lor. sometimes ppl dunno how 2 comment so better dun anyhow post. juz keep the pics flowing man. cheers!

Thanks all for your kind comments.
I will try out those methods mentioned.

posted by scanner

Thanks all for your kind comments.
I will try out those methods mentioned.

but then do u have the colored version of tis pic? curious 2 c wat its like.

I have got a colour shot of the cathedral which I took in the day and I think taken from the same perspective as 'scanner' did but I didn't include the entrance arches in the shot when I took the picture.

sac.jpg

posted by lazyfiddler

I have got a colour shot of the cathedral which I took in the day and I think taken from the same perspective as 'scanner' did but I didn't include the entrance arches in the shot when I took the picture.

oooh... chioz... where is tis cathedral har? n how do u guys make the sky soooo bluuuueeeee? polarizer will make it such?

Originally posted by RedDevil7

oooh... chioz... where is tis cathedral har? n how do u guys make the sky soooo bluuuueeeee? polarizer will make it such?

The cathedral is opposite Peninsular Plaza. Sandwiched between Penisular Plaza and the Padang. :D

Yea... I used a polariser to make the sky blue blue. The sky was also clear of clouds too! :D

Originally posted by RedDevil7

but then do u have the colored version of tis pic? curious 2 c wat its like.
I'm using a B&W film for this shot. See the above statement.
I find that taking shots of this kind of old white building/church B&W film will be more appealing.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler

sac.jpg

How come left hand top corner got a black patch?

Originally posted by Pokka

How come left hand top corner got a black patch?

:eek: izzit?? I dunno.

OK, I give up!

Hello Scanner, don't give up. I am like you too. I find many of my photos don't get constructive criticism. Some even don't have any comments even. But I see that there are usually lots of hits.

If I get constructive comments, I'm happy but then if I don't get any and if there are many hits then the I take it that I am just sharing my photos with friends.

First enjoy your photos yourself then share with the rest of us.

Hope this helps.

posted by lazyfiddler

The cathedral is opposite Peninsular Plaza. Sandwiched between Penisular Plaza and the Padang.

Yea... I used a polariser to make the sky blue blue. The sky was also clear of clouds too!

oic. jialat man i'm such a lousy sgporean. always go ard dat area oso din notice the cathedral. lol... u're so fortunate 2 get a cloudless sky man. cheers!

posted by scanner

I'm using a B&W film for this shot. See the above statement.
I find that taking shots of this kind of old white building/church B&W film will be more appealing.

its ok pal. lazyfiddler already showed me the colored version he took. good idea on yr part oso. think i'll drop by soon 2 try my hand. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.