sRGB or Adobe RGB (1998)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
Hi guys, I was told that its best to shoot in sRGB and process in sRGB as the commerical labs cannot print the colors gamut in Adobe RGB.

I was told that labs will convert Adobe RGB pictures into sRGB pictures before printing and it will make the pictures look pale.

Is this true? ? :confused:

I have been shooting sRGB and processing in CS3 with sRGB working space. I know that Adobe RGB has a wider gamut and I want to shoot in this and edit in profile. My concern is printing. :(

Check with your print lab. They will tell you exactly how to prepare images for print. Some require sRGB. Some prefer aRGB. Some will take either one. Ask, or check their website.

Check with your print lab. They will tell you exactly how to prepare images for print. Some require sRGB. Some prefer aRGB. Some will take either one. Ask, or check their website.

from what i know most fuji print labs would use SRGB

based on the replies, i have the same sentiments. Most labs use sRGB.

What will be the effect if i send Adobe RGB to a sRGB lab to print? Will the pictures turn out pale? :dunno:

What will be the effect if i send Adobe RGB to a sRGB lab to print? Will the pictures turn out pale? :dunno:

If the lab is not colorspace aware, which means they ignore your color profile and treat Adobe RGB as sRGB, the colors will look washed out.

If they do a proper conversion of Adobe RGB into sRGB, then you'll be fine.

If you need to find out and don't trust their answer, create two versions of the same photo, one in each color space, and send it to print, then compare the resulting prints.

Any particular labs can print Adobe RGB or can do a proper conversion?

Its a pain in the ass to save 1 picture in 2 profiles. Takes up alot of space. :cry:

Any particular labs can print Adobe RGB or can do a proper conversion?

Its a pain in the ass to save 1 picture in 2 profiles. Takes up alot of space. :cry:

y not try giving reputable labs a ring to see if they can print in adobe RGB format?

Why not get a good printer and print at home? I've the epson R1800 and I don't print at labs anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.