Squash is dead in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
While i'm happy for Malaysia who have produced their first Woman's World Champion in squash, i'm sad for Singapore who used to thrash the Malaysians regularly at squash until about 10 years ago when Malaysia overtook Singapore and is now one of the world's squash powerhouses. Singapore really needs to learn from Malaysia how to groom home-grown world champions... :sweat:

zaren said:
While i'm happy for Malaysia who have produced their first Woman's World Champion in squash, i'm sad for Singapore who used to thrash the Malaysians regularly at squash until about 10 years ago when Malaysia overtook Singapore and is now one of the world's squash powerhouses. Singapore really needs to learn from Malaysia how to groom home-grown world champions... :sweat:

I agree.... after the likes of Zinal, peter hill and Anthony chua, Mah li lian... sg squash suddenly disappeared..... so sad

idor said:
I agree.... after the likes of Zinal, peter hill and Anthony chua, Mah li lian... sg squash suddenly disappeared..... so sad

singapore once was ranked no. 6 in the world....now i even shudder to think.... :eek:

eikin said:
zaren you play squash?

yeah.....very badly though! you will thrash me easily... :bsmilie:

zaren said:
yeah.....very badly though! you will thrash me easily... :bsmilie:

i very lousy also, long time no play liao, one day go and play lah

eikin said:
i very lousy also, long time no play liao, one day go and play lah

where do u usually play? my condo still has 2 squash courts, which is quite unusual these days. most of the condos have converted their squash courts into mini basketball courts or used for table tennis.

zaren said:
where do u usually play? my condo still has 2 squash courts, which is quite unusual these days. most of the condos have converted their squash courts into mini basketball courts or used for table tennis.

i usually don't play :bsmilie: i say already, very long never play liao, last time in NUS still got play once in a while :think: closest to Punggol should be Yio Chu Kang stadium

eikin said:
i usually don't play :bsmilie: i say already, very long never play liao, last time in NUS still got play once in a while :think: closest to Punggol should be Yio Chu Kang stadium

haha....ok...must organise a photo shoot cum kopi cum squash session one day... :bsmilie:

I nearly forget about there is such a game in Singapore..
Think play once or twice before.. Sweat big time..

Huh singapore world rank no.6 ??

zaren said:
haha....ok...must organise a photo shoot cum kopi cum squash session one day... :bsmilie:

can can, remember to jio me, racquet going to rust liao :bsmilie:

soma said:
I nearly forget about there is such a game in Singapore..
Think play once or twice before.. Sweat big time..

Huh singapore world rank no.6 ??

at one time lah...world no. 6.

to think that in football we are world no. 100 and the sport gets so much support, while squash died a slow death....

TMC said:
wait Squash is a sport????? :bsmilie:

here's a better one....chess is a sport! :bsmilie:

zaren said:
here's a better one....chess is a sport! :bsmilie:

Come to think of it, photography is also a sport!
We race to buy the latest cams. We compete to see who posts his shots first.:think:

eikin said:
you heard of 'brain gym' ? ;)

u referring to the bishan intellectual games centre?

Newman said:
Come to think of it, photography is also a sport!
We race to buy the latest cams. We compete to see who posts his shots first.:think:

and we compete to see who gets the best shots of the chioest models.... :)

eikin said:
huh? err ... actually heard of it from montessori :bsmilie:

so what is brain gym? a program of mental exercises for the child?

Status
Not open for further replies.