Square watermelons

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Newspaper said, only imported 6 from Japan, selling at S$150 each... tasting very good, but I never know...
tomshen_040724_13.jpg

I heard they also growing tetrahedral watermelons... haha!

Nice shot, reflection got in the way though... :(

I admire you tomshen... ur fotos are simply stunning!

Jap colleague explained to me that these are determined by some sort of wire mesh thing which helps it get the shape. Basically, these melons are also very expensive there, not just here.

Don't think I'll ever get to try it, just like I'll probably never try the Marble Beef (from Kobe)!

nickmak said:
I heard they also growing tetrahedral watermelons... haha!

Nice shot, reflection got in the way though... :(

I admire you tomshen... ur fotos are simply stunning!
Thanks! Just a snap shot though :embrass: Yeah the reflection was bad... The first time I saw in person a square watermelon. If they sold in pieces, I would definitely try a small one :D

Clark75 said:
Jap colleague explained to me that these are determined by some sort of wire mesh thing which helps it get the shape. Basically, these melons are also very expensive there, not just here.

Don't think I'll ever get to try it, just like I'll probably never try the Marble Beef (from Kobe)!
It must take a lot of effort to rewire after some time, so the cost is high due to requiring special attention to raise these watermelons.

tomshen said:
It must take a lot of effort to rewire after some time, so the cost is high due to requiring special attention to raise these watermelons.
Raise these watermelons... haha... u make them sound like kids... haha... lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.