Square filters

Holders only. Filters that size your best bet is still lee or hitech.

hmm. i'll consider. for now the price is... well beyond the reach my tianya filters. :) students are poor things really.

Don't think it 100mm as i tried in vain to look for a thirdparty one - so finally did a customize 100mm order from SGCAMERASTORE for the ir filter for my 14-24 which cost me abt 90 dollar for 1 pcs- The $65 is only the Tianya type filters

Last edited:
Don't think it 100mm as i tried in vain to look for a thirdparty one - so finally did a customize 100mm order from SGCAMERASTORE for the ir filter for my 14-24 which cost me abt 90 dollar for 1 pcs- The $65 is only the Tianya type filters

cannot be leh. tianya type cokin P filters, i get from any shop, 10-12 bucks at most...

Yes, 100mm square glass gnd filter

for 65? slr accessories? :eek:

i checked their website, its cokin P system leh... not the zpro system...

can upload a sample image of the filter and its holder?

Last edited:
cannot be leh. tianya type cokin P filters, i get from any shop, 10-12 bucks at most...

65 is for complete set of 7 item - 5colors filter ,1 adapter and 1 ring sizes

The holder is 3 slot 100mm holder with 77mm adaptor ring?

I think many is confuse abt the 100mm holder and the normal p Cokin system holder - there also the 150mm holder , the third party are generic cheaper but once the 100mm up cost will be above 100 up just for the holder , unless there greater demand I guess china third Party price will drop . Those in the market that mass seller are selling are the Tia ya filter which is not 100mm sizes from what I know. Only lee and hi tech are the only ones in the market . For holders there already third party got one from sgcamerastore which are the 100mm and 150mm holder - will upload the holders of the 100mm for those who Have not see what it looks like

Last edited:
So you're saying those that sgcamerastore are selling can hold lee and hitch filter?

So you're saying those that sgcamerastore are selling can hold lee and hitch filter?

Yup got 1 frm them when they did a mass order earlier this year , u can call them to check stock status

it is a bit confusing, even myself I got some difficulty knowing which sq filter to buy for 11-16 Tokina. Perhaps someone can show us a link in ebay on the suitable filter set.

easy, if you have an ultra-wide lens go for the 100mm variants. Cokin P filters (85mm) will have dark corners on your widest focal length.

There are only 2 types of common filter size:
Cokin P-series. 85mm suitable for most lenses except ultra-wides. Filters are pretty cheap too.
Lee/ Hitech 100mm filters. bigger in size, much more expensive than P-type. Take note that Lee filters are 2mm thick whereas Hitech filters are 1.5mm thick. Lee filter holder can hold Hitech filters but Hitech holder cannot take Lee filters.

A note on Hitech/ Lee holders. Please DO NOT go for Hitech holders! I bought one and promptly returned it back because the filter holder will fall off from the front easily when you turn the filter holder. Lee holders are cheaper in built (they are made in plastic whereas Hitech is metal) but it has solid mounting mechanism to prevent the filter holder from falling off when you turn the holder.

Also for 100mm filters there are 2 types: 100mmx100mm and 100mmx150mm. The former are usually for ND and color filters whereas the later are for GNDs and reverse GNDs.

dis28 said:
I think many is confuse abt the 100mm holder and the normal p Cokin system holder - there also the 150mm holder , the third party are generic cheaper but once the 100mm up cost will be above 100 up just for the holder , unless there greater demand I guess china third Party price will drop . Those in the market that mass seller are selling are the Tia ya filter which is not 100mm sizes from what I know. Only lee and hi tech are the only ones in the market . For holders there already third party got one from sgcamerastore which are the 100mm and 150mm holder - will upload the holders of the 100mm for those who Have not see what it looks like

Do u have any idea how much was the 150mm filter holder back then from sgcamerastore? If it's affordable, it's a sign to move on to 14-24mm

Yes, 100mm square glass gnd filter

i think your info is wrong hmm. never heard of 100mm glass gnd square. i know got 100*100 square Nds... most Gnds are 150*100 for lee/zpro/hitech i believe.

i own a 85mm tianya so i know that set quite ok

Hitech does have 100mmx100mm GNDs but they are not really practical. Are you sure those China ones are glass filters? So far only Lee uses glass on their ProGlass filters and they all cost a bomb!

Hitech does have 100mmx100mm GNDs but they are not really practical. Are you sure those China ones are glass filters? So far only Lee uses glass on their ProGlass filters and they all cost a bomb!

now i'm confused even further :eek:

nvm. i'll make a trip down to bencoleen and see for myself... will report back when i'm done.

now i'm confused even further :eek:

nvm. i'll make a trip down to bencoleen and see for myself... will report back when i'm done.

:) Its not that difficult to understand. Let me direct you to 2 links:

Hitech 100mm x 100mm ND Grads: HT100 ND Grad Filters : Teamwork Digital Ltd, Suppliers of Professional Digital and Large Format Photographic Equipment
Hitech 100mm x 150mm ND Grads: ND Grad Filters (24/07/09) : Teamwork Digital Ltd, Suppliers of Professional Digital and Large Format Photographic Equipment

Basically both filters fit 100mm Lee/ Hitech holders BUT the 100mm x 150mm is rectangular whereas the 100mm x 100mm is square. Both types of filters are 100mm in width but the former offers much more room to play, meaning you can slide up and down as much as you want without hitting the edge.

any possible 3rd party holders? seems like there are none at the moment... and the lee/hitech/cokin Zpro are too expensive

TK Foto used to sell a cheap holder/ring (should be Tianya brand, but there was no tag/indication of brand, I think) which would fit P size...

You can check with them.

By the way, I'm not sure if the Tokina 11-16 is very different for handling vignetting (though that shouldn't be the case), but I don't get very significant vignetting using just the P series filters with UWA filter holder on the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6. Of course when I stack ND110/ND106 with the UWA filter I will get visible vignetting at the extreme corners... But like I've mentioned before, that goes away when I correct for lens distortion in Photoshop CS5.

Last edited:
TK Foto used to sell a cheap holder/ring (should be Tianya brand, but there was no tag/indication of brand, I think) which would fit P size...

You can check with them.

By the way, I'm not sure if the Tokina 11-16 is very different for handling vignetting (though that shouldn't be the case), but I don't get very significant vignetting using just the P series filters with UWA filter holder on the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6. Of course when I stack ND110/ND106 with the UWA filter I will get visible vignetting at the extreme corners... But like I've mentioned before, that goes away when I correct for lens distortion in Photoshop CS5.

hmm... so you are using a single filter holder + nd110 at most?
i do have a p-holder already, currently using tianya filters. i'll test my stuff again, after my a lvls
i'm currently looking for a series of hard and soft gnds, of varying densities. not too sure if tianya has, must go and find.

thanks!

Last edited: