[Sqroot] Time Lapse videos

sqroot

Mar 17, 2010
Jurong
#1 Sunset timelapse at VIVO

Taken with D5000 with Sigma 10-20mm, ISO200, 17mm, f16, Aperture mode, auto white balance on 14 January 2011, 1835 till 1943, 280 shots, processed on VirtualDub with 7Frame Per Second.

[vid]9SV02hNvQts[/vid]

#2 Sunset timelapse at CBD

Taken with D5000 with Sigma 10-20mm, ISO200, 20mm, f16, Manual mode, custom white balance(sunny) on 17 January 2011, 1840 till 1850, 61 shots, processed on VirtualDub with 5Frame Per Second.

[vid]Fd44xC4A-ik[/vid]

thanks for sharing,

perhaps you can rework the first clip, change the frame rate to 24, and download a deflicker filter to smooth out the flickering issue.

second clip is too fewer shots to rework.

Nice timelapse in #1, yup like Catchlight mentioned, maybe you should change to 24fps to smoothen the video abit...:thumbsup:

thanks for sharing,

perhaps you can rework the first clip, change the frame rate to 24, and download a deflicker filter to smooth out the flickering issue.

second clip is too fewer shots to rework.

thanks for the advice, i have downloaded the filter and tried it on my new video below, it works, thanks. :) Happy CNY to you anyway.

Nice timelapse in #1, yup like Catchlight mentioned, maybe you should change to 24fps to smoothen the video abit...:thumbsup:

yup. :)

Last edited:
#3 Sunset timelapse at Changi Boardwalk

Taken with D5000 with Sigma 10-20mm, ISO200, 13mm, f11, aperture mode, on 21 January 2011, 1857 till 1930, 205 shots, processed on VirtualDub with 10Frame Per Second.

[vid]kE0BAkTLbXU[/vid]

Nice work bro.Keep up the good work and hope to see more:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hey, its really nice. can you share with me how to make a timelapse video? i took several pictures of the evening skies turning dark as well at 10s intervals...and stitched them up into a movie at playback of 24s or sth... but the movie looks very choppy (not smooth). Does the interval in between shots matter in creating the movie? How many fps should I use to make the movie smooth?

hey, its really nice. can you share with me how to make a timelapse video? i took several pictures of the evening skies turning dark as well at 10s intervals...and stitched them up into a movie at playback of 24s or sth... but the movie looks very choppy (not smooth). Does the interval in between shots matter in creating the movie? How many fps should I use to make the movie smooth?
the interval 10s is too long, dusk to dark, as the lighting changing rapidly, 4 to 6 sec is more suitable.

when taking time lapse photography, the interval has to depends on the transition of the lighting or subject movement, if interval too short, the effect will be too slow pace, if interval too long, it will be jerky.

So you need to take a series of shots with one interval timing, than scroll all the images on your camera monitor to see the effect, from there you able to judge is the interval suitable or need to adjust. you start the actual shooting only after you are happy with the effect.

hope this help.

the interval 10s is too long, dusk to dark, as the lighting changing rapidly, 4 to 6 sec is more suitable.

5 secs interval is good. at least it works for me. :)

this is my first time lapse (cos first time using the shutter cable release with timer, i mistakenly set the interval at 6 secs):
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764880

this is my second time lapse (this time manage to set at 5 secs interval):
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845718

both at 24fps.

am planning my third time lapse during my April Bangkok trip. will shoot a time lapse of Wat Arun in sunset.

Last edited:
Use manual exposure mode and fix the exposure will solve the flicker issue.
24fps will be nice.