SQ standards dropped?

this got nothing to do with customer service you know? it just a "brand" thingy. why samsung no 1? their products are crap.

Ninelives is correct... its branding level drop... not standard.

The quality of service must surely be an important aspect of the brand especially for an airline - Samsung aside.

Last edited:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...0-spots-in/1889050.html#.VW5qomGoNsk.facebook
I tend to agree based on my personal experience. What do you think?
It's customer perception. Perception is easily deceived and very difficult to remove in such surveys in order to get comparable and measurable results.
If one brand drops and others rise it could also mean that one brand maintains the same level but other brands gather more attention, thus rising in the perception level. Without having further details this is nothing but 'hot air'.

I think its not SQ standard dropped its the other regional airline are catching up...... I flew some other airlines before and last time what SQ is offering was above the rest now most airlines are doing the same some even beyond what SQ is offering....

I think its not SQ standard dropped its the other regional airline are catching up...... I flew some other airlines before and last time what SQ is offering was above the rest now most airlines are doing the same some even beyond what SQ is offering....

It is not SQ standard has dropped or other airlines have caught up.

It's people's flying expectations are now unreasonably high. :bsmilie:

Singapore flying public used to be happy with just this: :)

Traian_vuia_flying_machine.jpg

Last edited:
SQ service has really dropped... IMHO.

When you do not treat your front line staff well, service quality will definitely take a hit.

Last edited:

When you do not treat your front line staff well, service quality will definitely take a hit.

I agree with daredevil123. SQ standards are indeed now a pale shadow of a former, glorious self. Management structure changes and rostering changes have severely crippled the passing of experience and leadership development within the cabin crew.

Sluggish salary revisions have also resulted in less locals applying, compelling them to look abroad. This has also resulted in higher staff turnover, leading to a state of never progressing beyond mediocre service standards.

Yes, I was once part of the glory days of the 90s when we won award after award and were proud because we really knew our service standards were top-notch and well earned.

I agree with daredevil123. SQ standards are indeed now a pale shadow of a former, glorious self. Management structure changes and rostering changes have severely crippled the passing of experience and leadership development within the cabin crew.

Sluggish salary revisions have also resulted in less locals applying, compelling them to look abroad. This has also resulted in higher staff turnover, leading to a state of never progressing beyond mediocre service standards.

Yes, I was once part of the glory days of the 90s when we won award after award and were proud because we really knew our service standards were top-notch and well earned.

And in which way did it drop? I use SQ for the last 10 years and I cannot see any noticeable drop in service quality. But boys do I see a difference to other carriers. The difference to my own country carrier is like 5 star hotel to a youth hostel.

And in which way did it drop? I use SQ for the last 10 years and I cannot see any noticeable drop in service quality. But boys do I see a difference to other carriers. The difference to my own country carrier is like 5 star hotel to a youth hostel.

What SQ needs to do is have a multi-millions ad campaign to change the people's mindset that its service is not only dropping in fact it is improving.

It's all in the mind. :bsmilie:

What SQ needs to do is have a multi-millions ad campaign to change the people's mindset that its service is not only dropping in fact it is improving.

It's all in the mind. :bsmilie:

Not really. I flew SQ and TG back to back recently and readily admitted that the TG crew provided slick and polished service while SQ were like robots and clowns. I've stopped flying SQ cos I'd end up tearing my hair in frustration. Their Feedback department is also probably tired of hearing from me after each flight - even they agreed that the number of complaints have gone up and that things were "better back then".

As for Octarine, well, the last 10 years were already the result of things going south roughly around 2000 - 2002 and just got worse. Which was why you didn't see much drop in service - it was already pretty shocking by then......

Not really. I flew SQ and TG back to back recently and readily admitted that the TG crew provided slick and polished service while SQ were like robots and clowns. I've stopped flying SQ cos I'd end up tearing my hair in frustration. Their Feedback department is also probably tired of hearing from me after each flight - even they agreed that the number of complaints have gone up and that things were "better back then".

As for Octarine, well, the last 10 years were already the result of things going south roughly around 2000 - 2002 and just got worse. Which was why you didn't see much drop in service - it was already pretty shocking by then......

How can this be true when SQ tells us theirs is "A Great Way to Fly"? :bsmilie:

sqgreat.jpg

U care to share your bad experiences with SQ?

I don't disagree that standards are lower but we are also become more fussy..

I've been flying SQ for many years now for all my business trip specially if it is in the region (Asia and down under). And use other airlines for EU and US man comparing SQ with Delta, UA and BA I think SQ still best, EVA service the cabin quality is the same as SQ now, JAL and ANA and even Korean Air are there also. Some SQ flights are rubbish due to they are still using old planes like those between Changi and Haneda OMG old plane and old entertainment system no USB no Power outlets also... Service still ok some flight attendant specially guys service are so-so one instance the guy ask me what drink I said coffee he gave me 1 sugar pocket I asked for 1 more he look at me as if I've ask him to do back flip and no smile and eyebrow raised told me I gave you already... I said I want one more please.... and responded I'll get back to you ok? no thanks no smile tone was sounded upset as if I asked some crazy request end up I finish my coffee he never comes back... But such instances are rare not always like in Delta and UA OMG I want to vomit blood already...

I think SQ standard still there just that it's out dated the SQ management needs to rethink and find ways to have a new and fresh way to provide service and comfort during flights, now a days almost or most other airline are providing almost if not the same service and comfort as of SQ flights.

Last edited:
how about ACTUALLY listing a comparison of past and present standards differences instead of just saying standards have dropped ?

I think overall standards are still there.... just that other airlines have upped their service and support to customers .... at more competitive pricing

Krisflyer is still same same .... fricking stingy and PPS requirements too blardy high to even be worth considering participating ..... miles redemption requirements are so high that its almost pointless to join Krisflyer

Cathay Emirates Ethiad TG and even MAS eg have really caught up

SQ dont even reach out to Singaporeans with any deals.... and we're one of the most travelled people globally

Last edited:

I agree .......... :p

Flying SQ is mediocre and unadventurous ........MAS (MH370 amd MH17) ....to boldly go where no man has gone before .............. :bsmilie:

Kris flyer Gold not bad lah can use the free lounge and other benefits. PPS population is too big for SQ to handle that's why the high bar set. On Regional flights almost every one in Business class is a PPS, spilling over to Economy class. Not to mention there are many Solitaire and Life members too.