SQ ends Singapore to Newark direct flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
is this true? my ticketing agent told me this plus I can't book this ticket on their website either.

Don't think so - can't see any news about this. (it's my favoruite flight to get to NY).

When were you trying to book ? On the singaporeair website, can still book for this direct flight on the A340-500 for most of March - airfare is 2768 including all taxes and charges.

Nooooo.... This is my preferred flight too... Love the snack counter...

oh f@#$! really? then how am i going to get back to singapore?

the EWR-SIN flights are fully booked for july and august though. only way back is to transit at Frankfurt. bummer.

did you call and speak to their customer rep? i think they should be the ones who can best address your query.

this the best flight ever! (for economy), no reason why they should end it leh..it is usually quite full!

From my source in SQ, the A345s are in the process of being refitted into a business class only aircraft.

i think i'd rather transit in frankfurt than houston...you never know what those TSA nazis are going to do to your luggage.

i was still able to get SQ22 on the SIA website for october..maybe it's different plane. maybe the A380! haha but i seriously doubt it.

i think i'd rather transit in frankfurt than houston...you never know what those TSA nazis are going to do to your luggage.

i was still able to get SQ22 on the SIA website for october..maybe it's different plane. maybe the A380! haha but i seriously doubt it.
From the aircraft that SQ have only the A345 can do direct flight from NY and LA to SIN. A380 is serving Sydney, London and Narita (in June) direct to SIN. Houston will be serve vie Moscow. Ask your GF for more infor lah :bsmilie:

Oh no, that's my favorite route to get to Singapore. I take it at least twice a year since the day they started their service. I tried booking flights in Nov and May but the SQ website said "seats not available." When I called the reservations hotline the agent denied that that flight was being taken offline. He said the seats simply weren't available yet. Hmm.... it sounds fishy to me. Perhaps he just isn't aware or no official announcement has been made. I really hope they keep this route, otherwise I'll have to make 2 transit stops to get to Singapore. What am I going to do with all my Delta Skymiles points?

From the aircraft that SQ have only the A345 can do direct flight from NY and LA to SIN. A380 is serving Sydney, London and Narita (in June) direct to SIN. Houston will be serve vie Moscow. Ask your GF for more infor lah :bsmilie:
my gf is still a noob..haha ask you better.

wow, didn't know there were clubsnap members in the NY area... let me know if you guys need any help with jobs? heh heh. i'm about 30min away from the city by train.

SQ has a new route to Houston.....maybe they are channeling their resources to a more profitable route :think:

Houston via Moscow will use the 77Ws

yes I was told they are converting it to Business class only.
not sure if this is true?

Fiddle with the online booking system, try any date in Economy after summer season 2008 for the SIN-EWR-SIN flights and you can't get a seat. Try Business and plenty of seats are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.