Spyware and Virus Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanie

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
Just curious, what do you guys use at home to protect yourself against spyware and viruses/worms? I just downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy after reading today's papers and it has gotten rid of quite a number of spyware I think... I no longer get diverted to some weird search window(not MSN search) when I can't find a page. Also, IE seems to be speedier.
I also heard of Ad Aware... but is what I have sufficient if I update it frequently?

Also... My subscription to Norton Antivirus has expired... I'm thinking of switching to AVG Anti-Virus. Will AVG take the place of NAV? Is it as good? If yes can I install one and remove the other? I have a lot of faith in NAV because of the many many times it has alerted me against downloading suspect files, and I'll like that kinda sense of security...

Guys in the know advise please, thanks! :)

Spybot S&D is more thorough than Ad-Aware so you are already covered there.

Personally I would stick with Norton Anti-Virus.

I have been using Norton AV too. I am still very happy with it. The updates are pretty good and fast.

PS : In fact I have to be happy with it since its the corporate standard to use that software in the company that I am working :bsmilie:

Then what do you guys do when your subscription expires? I'm a student no credit card...

i been using AVG for many years...
Very happy with it
detected all but 1 virus over a period of 5 yrs.

Good value for money.(actually no money coz its free)

student can get educational version for norton antivirus. You have the license while we dun have =(

and it is much cheaper. dun get box set so it will be $56 something dollars ..

when it expires, get a new norton antivirus set =) ; as stated above ...

Originally posted by Meanie
Then what do you guys do when your subscription expires? I'm a student no credit card...

Using NAV and Norton Personal Firewall - quite effective I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.